Funny - Watch trader here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
    Sell an ORIS Williams watch... asked $500 ( very fair market price considering no box or papers ) last night.... then on meeting beats me down saying poor poor..... so trade at $470.

Now today I see same watch selling here for $799 !!!

HAHAHA..... smart huh !!

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/cz...90cb9.jpg.html

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
      you didnt get the numbers in the 321 example right
      in the example i quoted - your asking price 8k, dealer offer is 6k, sad-story teller (individual buyer) offer is 7k

after buying from you, the preown shop sell the watch at 9k, while the sad-story teller sell it at 8k (which is same as your asking price) - meaning the buyer without telling sad story actually reap a bigger profit out of you

in both cases, be it preown shop who earn 3k profit, or sad-story teller who earn 1k profit, the first seller should not feel sore about the new owner flipping the watch, because the watch has already left you when you agreed on the lower selling price - done deal is done deal, no point name-calling eg 'cheapskate', 'thick skin', etc etc

your reply below suggest sad-story teller offer same 6k as dealer price - you misinterpret the example, yet feel happy there's people who 'think alike' as you, 'probably because you all stay in the east'???

btw, if both individual buyer and preown shop offer the same price, i would also go to a preown shop to sell my watch - and i dont give a damn what they do to the watch thereafter
      I think u missed my point. The point is I dun like people to tell me a sob story and lie,con, bluff, to get a lower price for the purpose of reselling. Who makes how much out of me is not the point.
      I'm in bad company........

Comment

Originally posted by t28 View Post
        I think u missed my point. The point is I dun like people to tell me a sob story and lie,con, bluff, to get a lower price for the purpose of reselling. Who makes how much out of me is not the point.
        agree. key thing here is the lying part.

everyone will wanna bargain de. but lie to push down so can sell off at a profit later is v bad imo. if buy at agreed price and later that person sell it for a profit, i will also ok one. cos its economics 101 mah. but to hit on my empathy side with sob story, later turn out is a lie, then its v v not good liaoz..
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
          got it
          thks for clarifying
          Thank you & cheers.
          I'm in bad company........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...