Fine Dining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Dining

Wah... This section like dead... Let's start another thread.

Any fine dining venues for sharing? Fine dining here can refer to western, chinese, or whatever cuisine, so long as the place is conducive, classy and the food is those kind that's very little and can't fill the stomach type

I've been to quite a few. Went to them mostly when I dated my wife. Here are a few that I've been to and is still going back to them because of the food quality and/or the ambience:

1. Equinox @ Swissotel 70F. Superb and breathtaking views that can oversee half of Singapore. Typically a dinner for 2, with a bottle of wine costs close to $500. Food wise, equinox certainly has room for improvement. But who really cares about the food standards when you're already in heaven?

2. Hai Tien Lo @ Pan Pac Hotel. Another restaurant with a breathtaking view. Having dinner there is a real joy, esp when it's close to 7pm, where you can see the sun setting behind the backdrop of high-rise shenton way buildings. Been there many times with wife. Ala-carte ordering for 2 pax plus tea cost less than $200 (of course depends on what and how much you order la). Highly recommended for those who indulge in chinese cuisine

3. Saint Julien @ Fullerton. This is another restaurant that has superb ambience and service standards. An excellent venue for proposal and you put your girl in a position that it's hard for her to say no. Appetizers + Main Course + Desserts + Wine Pairing should bring the bill to something close to $600. Highly recommended for anniversaries and special events

4. Chatterbox @ Mandarin Meritus. Not sure whether this should be placed in the fine dining category... But for those who have never tried the chicken rice, pls do so. It's worth every cent. And they've already shifted from the old venue at L1 to L38 (IIRC). So the view is excellent too

The rest who have been to good fine dining venues pls share also
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Of all those places i only been to equinox and chatterbox. Yes the view at equinox is superb, but dont really fancy the chickenrice at chatterbox.

Thanks for other recommendations, will check them out next time.

Now going back to camp, maybe next week can share some of my favourite japanese restaurants.

Comment

Hi!
      how abt consider other makan places beside fine dining

Comment

Hi,

There is already a thread started for makan places --> http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=1870&page=5

You can also choose to start a new thread if you wish to

Comment

havent been to Saint Julien... the rest are fine... but kinda ex for a normal dinner..

I like the lobster spagetti from Zambuca (Pan Pacific)... recommended.. Damage ard $40+
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
            havent been to Saint Julien... the rest are fine... but kinda ex for a normal dinner..

I like the lobster spagetti from Zambuca (Pan Pacific)... recommended.. Damage ard $40+
            Zambuca? Heard of this one but yet to try before. Pan Pac has quite a few great restaurants. The other one is Keyaki Jap restaurant. The Kobe beef melts in the mouth...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
              having said that....there r really nice places to go.....but i do love the cliff at sentosa resort and spa hotel. one of the best...price also tok kong thou.
              The cliff has very good ambience too. have never tried the spa though...

Another great venue to celebrate anniversaries and special events.

Comment

Some recommendations (in no particular order):

1. Saint Pierre - Magazine Road - French cuisine. Weekday lunch set is good value.
                2. Au Jardin - Botanical Gardens. Great ambience for a special date.
                3. Club Chinois - Orchard Parade. Delicious fusion.
                4. Summer Pavillion - Ritz Carlton.
                5. Jiang Nan Chun - Four Seasons. Weekend a la carte dim sum is yums!
                6. Keyaki - Pan Pac. Weekend buffet lunch is good value I am told.
                7. Shiro - Greenwood Avenue.
                8. New Majestic Restaurant - New Majestic Hotel
                9. Ember - Keong Saik Road.
                10. Xi Yan - Craig Road.

Some pple say Au Petit Salut is good for lunch, but booking's got to be made way ahead of time.

Comment

spore many fine dinning places.. .. working days i usually go Thai village restaurant @ oasis or the one at high floor of Mandarin Hotel.. (forgot name) or the many joints at Chimes..
                  off days, i love the fried frog legs with plain porridge at geylang n the beef koayteow across the road.

Comment

Au Jardin - Botanical Gardens.

Gets my vote - very special restaurant, great service, great food and atmosphere - cost very expensive 700 ++.

My only comment would be Gordon Ramsey does it better but best in Singapore so far

Comment

Originally posted by ej74 View Post
                      Au Jardin - Botanical Gardens.

Gets my vote - very special restaurant, great service, great food and atmosphere - cost very expensive 700 ++.

My only comment would be Gordon Ramsey does it better but best in Singapore so far
                      try blu at Shangri-La and Iggy's at Regent Hotel..nice too...
                      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                      Audemars Piguet ROO
                      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                      Panerai 270
                      Patek Philippe 5711/1a