Stinky Toufu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinky Toufu...

Drove past Geylang 2 days ago and spotted this shop called Xing Zai... any bros or sis here know if the stinky toufu is any good? I've yet to venture into stinky toufu, and I've heard that it smells like garbage. Any other places in SG I besides this shop that sells stinky toufu as well?
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Bro,

Last I remember about 20 years ago from Taiwan...it smells like a combi of cat poo and durian!

Couldn't take the smell and never tried it.

Comment

Eeeeewwwwww..... issit that bad? can't imagine how the breath will smell after eating it. LOL....
      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

I still rem when i was in Hong Kong, come out from the mrt, e smell is very strong, smell of garbage truck. search ard for it..and finally found in at one of the street, those push cart type, no smell at all when i was standing infront of it.

Abit unwilling to try it when i see the wok of oil they use to fry the tofu. e oil is super black..haha..but finally decide to try it after my frds brainwash..

put in the mouth, chew it...taste like normal fried tofu except for the sauce that make it nice...swallow it..nothing mah...put in another piece again...and then....i can feel the garbage smell start to linger in my mouth liao...haha...

tat is my experience...haha...dun kiss and talk after eating..

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
          Drove past Geylang 2 days ago and spotted this shop called Xing Zai... any bros or sis here know if the stinky toufu is any good? I've yet to venture into stinky toufu, and I've heard that it smells like garbage. Any other places in SG I besides this shop that sells stinky toufu as well?
          i luv smelly tofu...hehee

actually i dont find it smelly at all... ....guess its like durian. to ang mo, wow...damn stink, to us, ok wht...

if u tokin abt the 1 near lor 41...yes, not too bad.

u can also request thm to fry the tofu in small cube... even nicer...

Comment

When i was in taiwan.. walking along those night markets... u can smell 1 from damn far... wan to vomit juz by smelling.. sorry but i can nvr bring myself to try this...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              When i was in taiwan.. walking along those night markets... u can smell 1 from damn far... wan to vomit juz by smelling.. sorry but i can nvr bring myself to try this...
              haha, i managed to take a bite. sourish de, not my cup of tea..

but the smell is really scary!
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

I heard the one in Geylang is the "toned down" version of stinky tofu, to suit local taste.

When I was in Taiwan, walking along a night market. Suddenly I smell a pungent garbage stench. I thought there is a garbage dump nearby or probably a dead cat. My colleague told me it was coming from the tofu. Yucks! I lost my appetide after that and the smell lingers in my mind the whole night.

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                  wow taiwan shiok lah, i go nite market nia i sure buy, serve with pickle cabbage... shiok...

Comment

Tried from HK last time. Not bad. But, must add alot of the sauce.

Comment

try the one near Lor 41 too. tasted abit sourish but eating at the shop is like eating near the garbage centre. tink better to buy take away

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X