Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Japanese food NOT Ajisan.

Hi Folks,

Just to help out the 'dead' section, anyone want to contribute on a list of authentic jap food which you have tried and its good?

Allow me to define what I mean by authentic Jap food, its a restaurant which uses ingredients imported directly from Japan and cooked by Jap chiefs and not franchised.

Eg Ramen from Sapporo etc.. Not machined miso soup which you can see in Ajisan.

One pointer is that if you see Japs inside, u can't go wrong.

Let me start the ball rolling, these are the places I've tried and graded by my mouth and stomach as good and some which I wanted to try:

1. Hanabi, anyone tried this? Good selections.
    2. Miharu, my fav, truely authentic Sapporo Ramen, small shop located at the Gallery Hotel. Small and functional, the dining area seats up to 20. Must come and the right to to try. Highly recommended.
    3. Gyoza no Ohsho opposite cuppage terrace near Starhub, The gyoza is very good here, comes with e gyoza sauce.
    4. Ramen Santouka, Central at Clarke Quay MRT, have not had the chance to try but I always see queue outside, also many blogs recommend this. Any folks here try this??
    5. Ichiban Boshi Japanese Restaurant, GWC. Frens say it is good but did not have the chance to try.

Cheers..

Dan
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

wnt to this 1.. lots of jp inside
    http://www.nanjya-monjya.com/

Comment

i like this one: http://www.pokkafood.com.sg/tonkichi/

the one @ Isetan Scott has lotsa japanese during lunch time whenever i go with wifey...

Comment

Keyaki @ Pan Pac Hotel is

Must try the sha bu sha bu
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I tried the Iciban Boshi @ GWC b4...it's gd !

Also tried the 1 opp cuppage...that 1 cheap and gd!!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I frequent rakuzen at millenia walk. not too expensive and the quality is very good for the price you pay.

My father like akashi at tanglin and the quality of the sashimi is up there with the rest.

Also tried tatsuya at crown prince and kaisan at raffles hotel and the japanese restuarant at few other hotels but all of them too expensive to go on my own
            Last edited by allan; 01-05-08, 11:08 AM.

Comment

agree with MP, Keyaki... Damn nice and good... Excellent Shabu shabu there... Brought wife there for her birthday in Mar

I love Miharu too for their ramen and also Zembazuru at Hotel new otanni but they disappeared...

Waraku is a decent plc, branches at Starhub center and Marina.

Ichiban at GWC serves good food too... Went there a couple of times... Their seafood are damn fresh.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

These are 2 of my personal favourites, Marutama Ramen @ Central, Japanese ramen and Ma Maison @ Bugis Junction, French-Japanese fusion food.
                Last edited by michi0301; 02-05-08, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Marutama Ramen - At Central. Quite popular with days that they actually run out of ramen. I was the last customer before those behind me was "chopped" on my first trip there.

Ken Ramen - At Orchard plaza . My usual hunt along with Ohsho and Miharu.

Udon store at basement of Liang Court - Cheap and good place. You definitely see Japs there too.

Bon Gout - At Robertson Quay. I like the curry rice and ice coffee there. OT, can pop by next door for nice apple crumble at Epicurious.

Naniwa - At Cuppage plaza. Small exclusive restaurant that usually only cater to Japanese. Menu are all in Japanese too.

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    wnt to this 1.. lots of jp inside
                    http://www.nanjya-monjya.com/
                    went to this place before..did not see any japs leh..hehe

there is this jap restaurant located at concourse..the food there taste good..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                      there is this jap restaurant located at concourse..the food there taste good..
                      If you are referring to the jap restaurant that is on level 1, near BK then i guess most probably have shifted to somewhere else already. As all of the shops have been asked to be relocated if i'm not wrong. New development in concourse.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyk View Post
                        If you are referring to the jap restaurant that is on level 1, near BK then i guess most probably have shifted to somewhere else already. As all of the shops have been asked to be relocated if i'm not wrong. New development in concourse.
                        correct lor..near BK concourse..u mean all moved liao? wow lau..cannot eat liao

went there last dec for some pool sessions but still saw that restaurant ard leh..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                          correct lor..near BK concourse..u mean all moved liao? wow lau..cannot eat liao

went there last dec for some pool sessions but still saw that restaurant ard leh..
                          Should be gone by now if i'm not wrong. At least for the usual dive shops that i frequent, both on B1 and L1.

Comment

wow..disappeared liao..then u still remember the name of the restaurant? at least i still can track them down..LOL..

Comment

anyone know of good purely seafood sashimi sushi jap restaurant? I mean no tepanyaki beef, pork etc... longing to get my hands on fatty tuna sushi... hehehe
                              In The Bag
                              Him
                              Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                              Her
                              Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                              Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X