No announcement yet.

Authentic Japanese food NOT Ajisan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raku at Holland V and greenwood. Good sashimi...exp!

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
      wow..disappeared liao..then u still remember the name of the restaurant? at least i still can track them down..LOL..
      cannot remember liao bro. you probably can track back to the old concourse shop directory for the name of the restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by sci70716 View Post
        Raku at Holland V and greenwood. Good sashimi...exp!
        Besides Raku, any other place for good sashimi? jus luv the tuna!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vandyk View Post
          cannot remember liao bro. you probably can track back to the old concourse shop directory for the name of the restaurant.
          bro..found liao..

Yamagawa Japanese Restaurant (298 Beach Road, #01-16 The Concourse, Singapore 199554)

Comment

Went to eat damn good and fresh sashimi last evening... Its at Keppel Country Club. Fresh and tasty!!
            / 5

Will post the name once I check the receipt in my car...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thanks for sharing...Drooling liao:P
              "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

bro..found liao..

Yamagawa Japanese Restaurant (298 Beach Road, #01-16 The Concourse, Singapore 199554)
                Bro.... moved to next door only... The Plaza. but I forgot the unit number.
                Shouldnt be difficult to find
                Submariner 14060
                Breitling Colt Auto II
                Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                Bell & Ross BR03-92
                MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                  Bro.... moved to next door only... The Plaza. but I forgot the unit number.
                  Shouldnt be difficult to find
                  Oh..thanks also bro..will go and check it out soon..

Comment

Oh..thanks also bro..will go and check it out soon..
                    Updates! Unit no. #01-305, The Plaza. (next to Dunlopillo mattress showroom)
                    Submariner 14060
                    Breitling Colt Auto II
                    Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                    Bell & Ross BR03-92
                    MM20

Comment

All these places below serve good sashimi imported from Japan. Not sure if the chefs hail from Japan too though.

Shiro @ Greenwood (Fresh sashimi at $$$$$).

Yoyogi @ Mohammed Sultan (Wagyu beef sashimi is supposed to be good)

Keyaki @ PanPac (Wagyu beef sashimi - not to be missed)

Kuriya @ Great World City

Shiraishi@ Ritz-Carlton (The legend goes that Tetsuya - owner/chef of the famous Tetsuya restaurant in Sydney - himself frequented this restaurant almost throughout his one-week stay in Singapore)

Tatsu Sushi @ CHIJMES (Fresh produce imported from Japan almost every other day)

Another yummy place is Nanbantei at Far East Plaza. This is a yakitori place.

Comment

I second Nanbantei. Excellent yaki-mono. They are on the 5th floor IIRC.
                        Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                          I second Nanbantei. Excellent yaki-mono. They are on the 5th floor IIRC.
                          They are good eh? They've been around a long time and it's usually a full house on a Friday night.

Comment

Kazu Sumi-Yaki at Cuppage Plaza for yakitori (try everything grilled)
                            Nirai-Kanai for Okinawan (try their noodles, and grilled chicken wings/ pork)
                            Himawari for Japanese buffet (variety)

Ender
                            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                            three times is enemy action and
                            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                            ."

Comment

try "Zen - Creation Of Shindo Art" that is next to East Coast Park Mac. wait for the monk fish season and you can get monk fish liver (better than foie gras).

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                                Hi Folks,

Just to help out the 'dead' section, anyone want to contribute on a list of authentic jap food which you have tried and its good?

Allow me to define what I mean by authentic Jap food, its a restaurant which uses ingredients imported directly from Japan and cooked by Jap chiefs and not franchised.

Eg Ramen from Sapporo etc.. Not machined miso soup which you can see in Ajisan.

One pointer is that if you see Japs inside, u can't go wrong.

Let me start the ball rolling, these are the places I've tried and graded by my mouth and stomach as good and some which I wanted to try:

1. Hanabi, anyone tried this? Good selections.
                                2. Miharu, my fav, truely authentic Sapporo Ramen, small shop located at the Gallery Hotel. Small and functional, the dining area seats up to 20. Must come and the right to to try. Highly recommended.
                                3. Gyoza no Ohsho opposite cuppage terrace near Starhub, The gyoza is very good here, comes with e gyoza sauce.
                                4. Ramen Santouka, Central at Clarke Quay MRT, have not had the chance to try but I always see queue outside, also many blogs recommend this. Any folks here try this??
                                5. Ichiban Boshi Japanese Restaurant, GWC. Frens say it is good but did not have the chance to try.

Cheers..

Dan

Thanks for this detail insight love my sushi and ramen will definitely try these places

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X