Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noted.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Any durian Shifu master out there willing to share the art of choosing a good durian ? How to smell or tell if the durian is bitter or sweet flesh....

Anyone ???

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Hehe I dunno...but I know must shake shake to hear the sound...if no sound means the flesh is like...wet...if got sound means dry.

I fresh bitter flesh..u guys?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Last weekend, just had 3 durians with my parents, brother and aunt - 1 x 'JingLong' (or issit 'QingLong'?), 1 x 'AiQingGuo' and 1 x "from Semangat one" (according to seller). The 1st and 2nd ones were very fragrant, and everyone felt the 2nd was the best of the lot. No. 3 was red flesh which my aunt enjoyed the most...
          "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
          three times is enemy action and
          over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
          ."

Comment

Hmmmmmm seems all of us know how to eat only .....haha....

Guess the next durian seasons, i go and work for my friends part time who owns a durian store in Katong !

After the training than i post up the " ARTS OF DURIAN SNIFFING " by Uncle Lau / sidekick Darkie Boy !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Durians Kaki

Since this thread is kinda old , just to share some good durians stall here.(since durians season now)

Anyone here have any good durians stall & lobang to recommend pls kindly share as well cheers!

The few good sellers that i know and recommend will be : -

1. The Durian Tree

2. Hao Chi Durians

3. Lele Durians

4. Kong Lee Hup Kee Trading

5. Leong Tee Durians

That the few solid durians stall in Singapore enjoy buddies!

Comment

Durian Tangkak Singapore Supplier

Found 1 more solid one deliver to your door step

Durian Tangkak Singapore Supplier +60126408384 just need to order 1 day in advance

Comment

is it really durian season?

I see the fruits stall at Jalan Membina selling

Comment

Season is back again, year end..
                    Going Balestier temple for hunting, my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
                      Hi ! Hi ! Would anyone knows how to choose a durian ? Please share with us ( Durian lovers ) tips like smell, weight etc whether it sweel or bitter taste HEHE Think this is a dying trade and we should learn from some Durian Master before it too late .
                      For expensive type, don't waste time choosing, cause it's so called 'guarantee eat' most of the time BUT the seller will still mix fresh & over night (if not who eat) fruit for you.
                      I always choose durain those $1,$2 or 3 for $10 types in this few step for years with good result.
                      1st - Look at the 'tip' of the durain stalk, it has to be fresh (have some white colour not those cut sharp edges by knife), if brownish dry mean the fruit is over night & might be watery but sometimes still good. The husk should be nice light green colour throughout, this not banana & skip those with yellow colour.
                      2nd - Hold the stalk & lift the durain, if it's heavy(probably not ripe, thick husk & big seed), put it back. Choose those that is light & without pin size insect black hole/black patches & without 'natural opening’ (which mean too ripe & can be watery) at the other end of the fruit.
                      3rd - Hold both ends of the durain & gently/lightly shake it, if there is good 'rocking' mean it's 'gan bao'(which mean dry & not watery). No 'rocking', chances are no good inside. Now you know why the seller knocks the durain with the knife for hollow sound.
                      4th - This last step is about taste from the smell (bitter, sweet), I've yet to learn much. Well, still have some tips, don't eat durain if you plan to choose again by smelling the fruit (common sense, you might smell the previous fruit you've eaten from your fingers). When smelling, support the fruit with one hand at the bottom & the other hand form a small opening with thumb & index finger (contain the smell & will not poke your nose too) over the 'joint' between 2 husks (you can see the those 'line', Take a sniff or two, if smell raw put it back. Over times, you'll be able to differential the distinctive flavors for certain taste.
                      Normally I do until step 3) is good enough & those seller are mostly Ah Beng & Ah Seng type don't like you to choose too long or mass those fruit which they nicely stack.
                      In years of eating durain, only 3 times I get to eat durain with 'ice cream texture with miky flavour' & can strongly said those over price xo, ang ka, mao san wang, sultan, d24..etc cannot come close to it IMO.
                      Not master but hope it helps on your next trip.
                      Now, don't really eat in Singapore anymore, make yearly trip to friend relative plantation in Muar for just 'drop' & 'bao jia' fresh durains.

Comment

Anyone tried Jalan Bahar Jungle wild durians?
                        Small and yummy but with some 'risk' when foraging for it.
                        Didn't do the foraging myself but got to taste some real good wild durians.

Comment

any durian buffet in JB to recommend?

Comment

anyone tried durian lingers at bukit timah road? wonder if its worth heading there for durians

Comment

Geylang for Durians FTW!!

Originally posted by stanmore View Post
                              anyone tried durian lingers at bukit timah road? wonder if its worth heading there for durians

Comment

Amazing smell, best food ever

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X