No announcement yet.

Supper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot on with the Bukit Gombak Blk347 Satay Beehoon! Used to have a really good fried kway teow in the same coffeeshop before the Oasis coffeeshop took over.
    There's a Bar Char & Grill there, fish and chicken is good enough but don't bother with their steaks, cannot compare with Aston's standard at all.
    Ordered a medium rare steak once and it came out practically well-done, on sizzling hot-plate some more to cook the steak even further! I was infuriated!
    Dunno the Blk number but very good chicken rice in the coffeeshop opposite the MRT station.
    Also, Jurong East Blk134, very good fishball and mince-pork noodles with plenty of mushrooms. Can request for extra pork lard cubes...yummy!
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
      Spot on with the Bukit Gombak Blk347 Satay Beehoon! Used to have a really good fried kway teow in the same coffeeshop before the Oasis coffeeshop took over.
      There's a Bar Char & Grill there, fish and chicken is good enough but don't bother with their steaks, cannot compare with Aston's standard at all.
      Ordered a medium rare steak once and it came out practically well-done, on sizzling hot-plate some more to cook the steak even further! I was infuriated!
      Dunno the Blk number but very good chicken rice in the coffeeshop opposite the MRT station.
      Also, Jurong East Blk134, very good fishball and mince-pork noodles with plenty of mushrooms. Can request for extra pork lard cubes...yummy!
      thanks Bro ! will try out the mince-pork noodles ! =) oh ya talking about western food, Sizzling hotplate one of d best i had for supper i believe @ bukit timah.. Forgot the name of d shop.. not alamin but the other one.Also recently tried one @ pioneer area. Dunoe the blk no: but the coffeeshop is a 24Hr one just beside the city-harvest church. Mexican grilled chicken chop. yum yum. Gf ordered a creamy mushroom pasta, taste good too !

Comment

Originally posted by wfs View Post
        jurong west Crab bee hon , can't remember blk no, 546 or 547 , nearby sheng song
        Thanks Bro ! will Try out someday

Comment

Originally posted by doyling View Post
          thanks Bro ! will try out the mince-pork noodles ! =) oh ya talking about western food, Sizzling hotplate one of d best i had for supper i believe @ bukit timah.. Forgot the name of d shop.. not alamin but the other one.Also recently tried one @ pioneer area. Dunoe the blk no: but the coffeeshop is a 24Hr one just beside the city-harvest church. Mexican grilled chicken chop. yum yum. Gf ordered a creamy mushroom pasta, taste good too !
          Yeah, the mince pork noodles is really quite good with a crunchy texture to the noodles. You must indicate to the auntie that you want the noodles to be 'QQ' and she'll know what to do.
          As for Western food, I'd say nothing beats Aston's Express for taste, quality and fair pricing. Their Prime Rib-eye extra cut is their best deal. The normal rib-eye in a smaller size just pales in comparison. There is a branch at the Jurong Cafe just a stone's throw from the Science Center. Good luck!
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

Hoho found another new spot for HALAH food lovers Jurong east blk 326 just right opposite jurong polyclinic its a called JK prata king sumthing like tt.
            Basically i ordered a chicken briyani . would rate it @ a 8.5/10 as in d gravy is just nice ,spicy but yet wont make u feel like choking. a mutton masala (trust me better den those which u might think bt timah is better lol i was wrong till today), kuay teow goreng is kinda unique as in the way it has been Gorenged lol, alittle bit of cheena style of fried kuay teow mixing with melayu style with sweet chilli sauce served by the side. yummy ! ordered a plaster prata ...aaa i would rate 6.5 out of 10 for a plaster prata becos d damn chef broke d YOLK.. haha but gravy was special was given 2 types of curry vege type with kandang and sardine type curry !! remembered yrs ago there was once a coffeshop @ the extreme left side of d block but was closed down due to overwhelming complaints from residents i suppose. Now new blood comes in and suprisingly i would say its a THUMBS UP for them but they are lack of something , BUSINESS ! LOL this a damn saturday supper night and @ normal circumstances stores like this are odd to be either fullhouse or damn fxxking busy. probably not been told by many becos of its newly relaunched area ba.. anyway dudes Screw Bukit timah and come here instead trust me cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
              thanks for the link..very appreciate..

Comment

Originally posted by siambee View Post
                geylang 126 Dim Sum, no cheap but worth the money.....

most of the time i also like lavander food court wantan mee or dry beef noodles in late nite...
                awts, me and my mom was there... i love their food

Comment

Supper tonight!

Any bros wanna meet for up for supper and talk watches? Maxwell road bak chor mee anyone?
                  I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

Originally posted by doyling View Post
                    Basically living in CCK for like almost 10 yrs . Damn... west side seriously lack of places we can go for supper lol. anyway feel free to update in this thread (any1 with a idea with good food ard west area pls post a thread if possible hehe many thanks) =)
                    here's a few places i would go for supper ard west area

1.Opp joo koon Mrt station coffeeshop : the economic noodles not bad (chicken wings is a must try!!)
                    2. Bukit gombak :BLK 374 ALIF COFFEE House
                    3. Boon Lay Hawker Centre : POWER NASI LEMAK
                    4. Bukit Gombak : BLK347 The satay beehoon is one of the better ones i had
                    5. Opp henderson secondary school : Teochew Porridge CHEAP CHEAP PRICE FOR GOOD FOOD !!!
                    6. Bukit Merah view Market/Hawker : YONG TAU FOO !

TT's all i know for west sadly haha anymore nice food pls do update hehe =)
                    I faced the same problems as you.

The wierd kopi thiam at jalan bahar which always closed down every 2 years and reopen with a bigger one has a decent zhi char stall. Open until quite late at night.

Kopi shop opposite the now defunct keat hong camp got nice satay and rojak.

That all for cck.

I usually venture to the kopi thiam opposite city harvest jurong west st 91. Fish soup. Oyster egg. Western food not bad. Open til very late at night.

Supper places really limited in the west side. : (

Comment

yong he.. at geylang.

Comment

Dim Sum at geylang.

Comment

any other recommendation nite supper at north? woodlands? but not jb ok..

Comment

Geylang area got the 24hour tau huay shop
                            Balestier area got Wantonmee and Bakkutteh

Comment

So many in Geylang! Lor 9 frog porridge, beef kway tiao and hokkien prawn mee. Lor 17 126 dim sum.
                              Simpang Bedok for chicken wings and fries.
                              Beo Crescent for bak kut teh and expensive but yummy teochew porridge.
                              Joo Chiat for fei fei wanton mee.
                              Bedok Blk 85 market for bak cho mee.

If all else fails, there's good old Mcdonalds.

Comment

dim sum at Swee Choon.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X