Hong Lim Char Kuey Teow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Lim Char Kuey Teow

The Chinatown Char Kuey Teow (signboard name) at Hong Lim food centre is probably the best CKT in town. Even Zion Rd CKT is no fight for Hong Lim. Pretty long wait though during peak period ESP lunchtime

Hong Lim Char Kuey Teow

I agree ...actually they were from outram hill coffee shop....now the whole place is gone ! And they shifted to Hong Lim & the son took over the frying.

Still very good ! Every time I go I will go around 10 plus ....1 plate of CKT upstairs & 1 bowl of curry noodles downstairs !

Best ! Must try !

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinn.babe View Post
      The Chinatown Char Kuey Teow (signboard name) at Hong Lim food centre is probably the best CKT in town. Even Zion Rd CKT is no fight for Hong Lim. Pretty long wait though during peak period ESP lunchtime
      I thought the signboard name was Outram Park Char Kuey Keow?

Originally posted by LSL View Post
      I agree ...actually they were from outram hill coffee shop....now the whole place is gone ! And they shifted to Hong Lim & the son took over the frying.

Still very good ! Every time I go I will go around 10 plus ....1 plate of CKT upstairs & 1 bowl of curry noodles downstairs !

Best ! Must try !
      Oh yeah the curry noodles is DA BOMB man...love it!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

ya, the sign board is Outram Park Char Kuey Teow instead of Chinatown. Go there for lunch sometimes.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

I like the CKT at Hong Lim too ! Actually there are quite alot of good food there,pork rib soup,prawn noodle soup,2 stalls of curry noodle,fish noodle cantonese style ! All quite good !

avoid lunch time too packed !
          The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
          The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
          The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

sounds good. maybe ill go there if i can knock off work early and make the trip down to chinatown one of these days.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              sounds good. maybe ill go there if i can knock off work early and make the trip down to chinatown one of these days.
              Bro, Hong Lim market doesn't operate late.
              Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                Bro, Hong Lim market doesn't operate late.
                damn..... what are the operating hours?
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

The Ji Ji Wanton Noodles also not bad, worth trying, taste different.

Comment

damn..... what are the operating hours?
                    From Morning to Late Afternoons only, this applies to Amoy St Hawker as well. Btw the Outram CKT begins their operation on 7.30am
                    Current Collection :

Comment

Haven't been there for some time. Is the old man still doing the frying or is it the son now?
                      As far as I know the old man used to do the frying in the morning till about 1.00 or 2.00pm, then he knocks off
                      And the son takes over after that. The old man skill is good, the son only soso...but still one of the best CKT around.

Comment

Actually I prefer Lao fu Zi at airport road. The betel nut leaf makes a difference esp when you tabao. But dam long queue......
                        There's also the very hyped up bean curd also super long queue and people buy like 10 boxes at one go (I'm not kidding)...

For Hong Lim, the wanton mee at 2nd floor aka Qi Ji is famous and one of the sisters used to be quite chio. HAHAHA.
                        then there's the crayfish hofun and so many other goodies.

Sigh......now hard to go there...

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                          From Morning to Late Afternoons only, this applies to Amoy St Hawker as well. Btw the Outram CKT begins their operation on 7.30am
                          cheers bro.... i only know the loh mee at amoy st hawker off mon and tuesday

Originally posted by patrickmaniac View Post
                          There's also the very hyped up bean curd also super long queue and people buy like 10 boxes at one go (I'm not kidding)...

For Hong Lim, the wanton mee at 2nd floor aka Qi Ji is famous and one of the sisters used to be quite chio. HAHAHA..
                          i find the locals suckers for queues... you get people queuing for everything under the sun.

as for the wanton mee with the chio sister... is she still there?
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i find the locals suckers for queues... you get people queuing for everything under the sun.

Last check she was still there

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Double confirmed!
                              But pls do heighten your expectations, time does takes it toll.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X