No announcement yet.

Gravity movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would be better if shot in actual space.

fyi, the astronauts's heads were superimposed into the space suit after the fact as it was impossible to get the correct lighting onto the faces during shoot.

although technically advanced at this age of movie making, the real movie that was way ahead of its time was still 2001:Space Odessey.

Comment

Nice movie, although my brother was trying to figure out the watches that the characters were wearing. Interesting to know that one was a Omega Speedmaster, though I thought a Moon watch would have featured some where.

Comment

It seem all BROS like this movie. I think the pace is very slow and not much action. It is something like Life of PI and Castaway pace but much slower till you almost doze off at some point. Honestly a very average show even though I watch it in 3D IMAX at Lido. 2.75 stars out of 5 stars. Really very very average and overrated IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by foxstrike View Post
          It seem all BROS like this movie. I think the pace is very slow and not much action. It is something like Life of PI and Castaway pace but much slower till you almost doze off at some point. Honestly a very average show even though I watch it in 3D IMAX at Lido. 2.75 stars out of 5 stars. Really very very average and overrated IMHO.
          I didn't enjoy it as much too. 3/5 tops

Comment

Gravity was pretentious to say the least. I hated it. And I can take *a lot* of bull. I am disturbed why everyone thinks a modern movie with almost no meaningful dialog is good. There is no plot apart from seeing a scantily clad Sandra blunder her way in a manner that convinced me that she paid for her own space shuttle ticket.

NASA would never send such an astronaut up there.

2001 though its boring at some points and the long long long Stargate sequence was ABSURD, it's a beautiful story. Gravity in comparison is a hamfisted attempt in story telling. Sure I get the allegory, the imagery of loneliness in space, the hokey personification of birth - but come on? Everyone with an iota of grey matter knows that space is lonely - can we move on?

I won't critique the bad science - because its a movie. But Gravity miserably failed to create a modicum of realism which enables suspension of disbelief. I mean... i really enjoyed Deep Impact and even obscure space movies like Event Horizon.

The effects are spectacular - which is a shame. A bit more effort - and they could have something good. They could have expanded it into a story about the dangers of working in space. Such as the real life fire on the Mir space station could have been a *perfect* backdrop and then seeing the shower of debris obliterate the space shuttle sent to rescue them. Followed by a desperate struggle for survival - that would be magnificent.

0/5

and I loved Castaway (4/5)!

Comment

Good

Comment

I dont know whats wrong with me but I feel dizzy when watching it @.@

Comment

Saw this in 3D and it was definitely worth it! Sandra Bullock and George Clooney were great!

Comment

I feel that the staring is too draggy

Comment

Great movie. 4/5

Comment

Visuals were really good.

Comment

great show

Comment

Great movie!

Comment

Disappointing in this one. How many close calls does one get in space. Manages to escape seconds before something gets blown up.

Once I might believe, but gets away with it 2-3 times. Nobody is that lucky on regular ground, but she does it out in space.

DBBoy

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X