Man Of Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Of Steel

This movie is about 2 hours and 10 mins long. A little 'long-winded' to me. Some scenes reminded me of Avatar and Avengers. It seemed 'easy' for Henry Cavill (Superman) to play the hero because there's very little expressions from him. But probably his looks and physique could overcome that for the womenfolk. This' a movie I won't wanna watch a second time.

3/5 rating from me
    The Crown Of Achievement

Oh ok.. cool. was thinking of watching it this weekend. Not worth it? The reviews have been pretty positive, like a 4/5...

Comment

Well, reviews like such can be subjective, including mine. You may like it, I'm not sure. If you'd watched the Avengers, the last part where you see lots of fighting and fire power, buildings destroyed, etc, this movie has almost the same. In fact, it was 'overdone'. The movie lost itself in the last 45 mins with fist-fights between Superman and his enemy that destroyed like half the skyscrapers in a city. I feel that one explosion can be exciting but too many of it will be boring.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

heard that this show was bad

Comment

Like I said, it is subjective. Some like it, some don't. It is not so bad to the extent that you will totally waste your time watching the whole movie. There's still some substance in it. Go watch and judge yourself.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Superman fans will love it !!

Comment

Over anticipate for this show.

Comment

If you are a Mavel fan, you will love it.

Comment

Watched it last night and loved the movie! My wife and I agreed that it would be better if there were lesser fight scenes and more character development!

Comment

I am usually quite acceptable to most action movies even the much hated G I Joe Retaliation most say terrible I still give 2.75 star, to me it is watchable and very average but definitely not so bad as most have criticise IMHO .

However, this SUPERMAN movie to be really honest, i felt a little disappointing. I think the whole show you will feel that any of those villains are much stronger than him. He like sibei vunerable. Even the early part whereby he try to "TAHAN" the oil rig from falling, being SUPERMAN he like struggling lor to prevent it from falling. For me, I grew up thinking Superman is really strong, can lift buildings, planes, etc. But this version, of Superman you got the feeling his super strength is just maybe 10-20 times better than a body builder. You simply don't have the feel he is indestructible or powerful enough in this movie. (Really!)

However, the CGI, action scenes are top really notch though. But somehow after watching, you don't feel the shiokness you have with Dark Knight Rises or even Avengers. The fight scenes initially ok, but after a while it seem Superman and the Villains will not be injure after being smash against the buidings, etc so why bother slamming them at those earthly materials.

Then the story was created in such a way that, Louis Lane already knew who Superman was really make watching the Part 2 difficult. I mean you do appreciate the fact that the producer feel that time changes, it will be really stupid that Louis Lane will continue to be fool by a pair of glasses thingy, but it like too early to review his true identity in a way. Moreover, most people living around SUPERMAN during his younger days were aware of this SUPER ability, hence you got a feel there are no secrets identity here to be conceal.

I give 3/5 star but i seriously hope the part 2 will be much better and we can see a more "POWERFUL" - superman.It will also be interesting how the Louis Lane and Clark will progress with Louis Lane knowing his true identity so early. Hopefully, part 2 the villians will be weaker lah.

Comment

The battle scenes were superb. But I agree with you that it may be a little excessive and they could use a little more time in developing the characters instead.

Comment

I hav yet to catch e show but for my understanding on superman, e reason for him to be weaker than his foe is caused by his up bringing... Instead of using his power at full force, he learn to control it at its bear minimum...

There are many story lines in e comic showing superman unleashing his power at full potential... He really can do wonders depending on how e author comprehen the character...

Anyway looking forward to catch e show...

Cheers.

Comment

I really dun know what to say about this movie.........as "The Avengers" has already set a very good standard , this makes "The Man of Steel" a little "try too hard" to impress !

But overall still a 3/5 ! Still much better than the last........"Return of Superman"

Do Spider man and Superman share the same fashion designer ? Both costumes look alike !

Comment

The show was a 4/5 for me. i am usually quite partial towards superhero movies as i grew up collecting comics, so any superhero in reel cuts it for me. lol.

man of steel basically chronicles the origin and early development of kal-el/clark kent/superman. i agree with those who say that a little more character development will make the whole movie better, that will be more chris nolan's style (odd pair with zack synder of "sucker punch" and "300" fame). that said, i feel there was good mix of action and character dev- with just enough emphasis on why superman turned out the morally perfect superhero that he is.

Comment

Caught it last friday, it has its flaws but finally, a superman movie that is really super. It shows how destructive it can be when 2 "gods" duke it out.

My only gripes were some editing flaws which made the earlier parts kind of choppy, but given the constraints of a reasonable run time I guess it's understandable. CGI was kinda off for some scenes as well. Shall find a chance to watch it again.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X