Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sf & Ny

Hi,

Will be in SF from 26/06 till 10/07 then NY till 16/07.

Any recommendation which 3-4* hotel to stay in SF & NY?
    And where to book those hotels?
    TIA.

,Sur

the period that you are travelling is the super peak season + Summer holidays
    and across the independence day

27th June is the Pride Parade in SFO
    The whole main street (Market St) will be closed for the parade on this day.

It will be extremely difficult and expensive to go during this period.

I do not have any particular recommendation for hotels but as long as you stay around these area, you should be fine.

San Francisco - Union Square, doesn't really matter it is near the BART (train) or not cos the train is not that convenient anyway. People take bus in SFO

I like to stay in Holiday Inn Civic Center cos I like the service.

New York - As long as you are in Manhattan near a subway station. Mind you, hotels in Manhattan cost from $250 - $300 for a 3stars... extremely expensive.
    Can try: Pennsylvania Hotel,

Comment

Thanks!

Thinking of renting a car in SF & NY, but they said even if you are hotel's guest, you still need to pay to park the car? And it ain't cheap.. USD 50/daily!

Plan to drive myself from SF - SanDiego - SF.
      Another driving trip will be with a local there to LV & LA.

Comment

Originally posted by z1971 View Post
        Thanks!

Thinking of renting a car in SF & NY, but they said even if you are hotel's guest, you still need to pay to park the car? And it ain't cheap.. USD 50/daily!

Plan to drive myself from SF - SanDiego - SF.
        Another driving trip will be with a local there to LV & LA.
        SF - San Diego is crazy! mroe than 10hours drive...

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
          SF - San Diego is crazy! mroe than 10hours drive...
          Changed plan... drive to San Diego, return to SF take flight.. USD81

Comment

Hotels

Hotels.com is pretty good for checking availability.
            There are also a bunch of hotels around Union Square that are dirt cheap. I stayed in one that was $US240 a week. Nothing fancy, get what you pay for.
            Cross check places with Yelp, which is a great crowd-sourced site of reviews.

For cars, use Priceline. If you are patient you can get great deals. I used to get a 4WD SUV for a weekend for $US70. But if you are going only one way, they have exorbitant penalties.

Comment

Hi,

I used hotwire.com for my bookings (aft. comparing with booking.com, hotels.com, hotelclub.com, hotelres.com, expedia.com, priceline.com, etc - spent few nights to scour all ).

Got 3N Westin SF Market Street + midsize car rental for USD 440.
              And 2N Westin SD Gaslamp Quarter + midsize car rental for USD 340.

You are right about 1 way car rental, 1D midsize car rental from SF to SD: USD 219 !!! Some even quoted USD 600-700!
              (airfare is only USD 81, but I wanna see the coastline along the way - any pointer on this will be much appreciated!)

Now still searching where to park the car as the hotel charge is ex!

I use tripadvisor.com for review. Will check yelp as well, thanks!

Originally posted by welda View Post
              Hotels.com is pretty good for checking availability.
              There are also a bunch of hotels around Union Square that are dirt cheap. I stayed in one that was $US240 a week. Nothing fancy, get what you pay for.
              Cross check places with Yelp, which is a great crowd-sourced site of reviews.

For cars, use Priceline. If you are patient you can get great deals. I used to get a 4WD SUV for a weekend for $US70. But if you are going only one way, they have exorbitant penalties.

Comment

Wanted to change the pickup time for the SF to SD car, called hotwire up.
                Suddenly it became USD 146 & I can pickup the car from around the hotel instead of going to SF airport! woohoooo....

Originally posted by z1971 View Post
                Hi,

I used hotwire.com for my bookings (aft. comparing with booking.com, hotels.com, hotelclub.com, hotelres.com, expedia.com, priceline.com, etc - spent few nights to scour all ).

Got 3N Westin SF Market Street + midsize car rental for USD 440.
                And 2N Westin SD Gaslamp Quarter + midsize car rental for USD 340.

You are right about 1 way car rental, 1D midsize car rental from SF to SD: USD 219 !!! Some even quoted USD 600-700!
                (airfare is only USD 81, but I wanna see the coastline along the way - any pointer on this will be much appreciated!)

Now still searching where to park the car as the hotel charge is ex!

I use tripadvisor.com for review. Will check yelp as well, thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X