Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iceland

Anyone has been there before? Any last minute tips to share? Will be heading to the North this coming April.

So is it nice?

Comment

Well, it's an awesome place. Ended up staying there for some projects for over 2 years. The scenery is like being in another planet with colourful rocks and soil, nice water. It can get really cold during winter but the view of aurora is just spectacular.

The one become our weekend getaway is actually the mineral bath. It's just great. The only downside is perhaps only food. A bit bland, limited choice of food but we can have pretty good and fresh fishes.

Comment

Heard the aurora is gonna be dim for the next 10 years

Comment

Heard the aurora's gonna be dim for the next 10 years

Comment

2016 last chance to go before it gets dim...

Comment

Been there two years ago. Found it to be one of the most memorable places to visit in terms of scenery. Almost like alien landscape. Weather is surprisingly not as cold as other parts of Europe in winter and I hear from locals that higher temperatures as compared to Europe is the norm.

Comment

how was it?

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
                Anyone has been there before? Any last minute tips to share? Will be heading to the North this coming April.
                good?

Comment

Visited a month ago at the end of Feb 2016. Amazing landscape... a truly unforgettable experience. Rent a car and drive around the ring road and be prepared for the ultimate road trip.

If anyone wants any travel tips drop me a PM

Comment

will there still be a chance to see aurora if i go during may 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderiner View Post
                      will there still be a chance to see aurora if i go during may 2016?
                      Auroras of course are best seen during winter months (i.e. Oct to Feb). But if the conditions are perfect, you MIGHT be able to see it, but probably not as intense as what you see in videos/photos. Auroras are elusive - during my 2 week stay there, we only managed to see it on the very last night. Futhermore, we still had to go for an Aurora hunting tour as you need virtually clear skies to see the lights. My suggestion is to not expect to see the lights when you go to Iceland as the country is already incredibly beautiful as it is; take it as bonus if you do see it. Happy travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
                        my little brother went last year, he loved it

Comment

i went for work in december....the darkest month of the year there. i managed to go to the hot springs sauna while it was still light outside. i definitely recommend that.

Comment

I just went for 2 weeks. Amazing country! I went end of July-Aug, 24 hours daylight, which gives u plenty of time to see things without worrying about waking up early.

Would recommend going to NZ first, then Iceland. NZ is like a preview, and its also amazing.

Comment

Iceland

Never been to the icalnd...Looking forwrd this summer

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X