Shopping for watches in foreign countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by euro101 View Post
    Can anyone advice me what is the difference between hongkong rolex and swiss rolex.

Some say the HK rolex is somehow different from the swiss rolex and it is cheaper?

Is it true?
    Ya, it is true. In swiss, u pay by Swiss francs while u other u pay by Taiwanese currency lol.

Comment

Hi all, I saw a 2nd hand HK Rolex which comes with a red box with the Rolex logo printed on it, instead of the usual Rolex green box. Are both also original boxes? Or is the red a fake?

Comment

Red Box? Maybe Tudor hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by ah_ong View Post
          Red Box? Maybe Tudor hee hee
          so is it to say, i could be looking at a fake?
          i tried google for the rolex box images, there were images of the red box for DJ, but it says vintage http://www.chrono-shop.net/en/rolex-...-air-king.html looks like the 1 in the link.

Comment

Planning to get my first luxury watch and I'm looking at the omega speedy 3750.50 (not sure what the new reference no. Is). Would there be a huge difference if I got it from hk instead of Sg?

Comment

Was thinking about traveling to Italy, Milan/Florence for Rolex. But seems like HK is able to offer much lower price based on Chron24. Any reason? Due to grey market?

Comment

Originally posted by opchew View Post
                Was thinking about traveling to Italy, Milan/Florence for Rolex. But seems like HK is able to offer much lower price based on Chron24. Any reason? Due to grey market?
                Is Helsinki a good place to get watch ?

Comment

I'm planning a trip to the U.S. And UK soon. Which of these places vs local would be best for a new Rolex . Presently looking at either the datejust or yacht master

Comment

I heard buy from europe can save couple of hundreds

Comment

anyone has just come back from Italy? any good AD to buy watches over there?

Comment

Any idea is Rolex is cheap in Switzerland??

Comment

Does anybody know what the fine is if you are getting caught by customs and bringing in a S$10,000 Rolex watch and you didn't pay the 7% GST?

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                            Does anybody know what the fine is if you are getting caught by customs and bringing in a S$10,000 Rolex watch and you didn't pay the 7% GST?

The fine is 10 times of the gst amt u are supposed to pay. (confirm plus 100% chop)

Comment

Originally posted by Alaric00 View Post
                              The fine is 10 times of the gst amt u are supposed to pay. (confirm plus 100% chop)
                              Thanks Alaric for your input. Am I glad I always pay GST and don't even bother to consider not to declare!

Comment

buying watch in japan

Hi, is it worth to buy rolex in Japan. Which part of Japan is recommended? I'm looking for my first rolex.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X