Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time to Bali. need your help

Hi all,
    Sharon and I planing for a Bali trip with her family. total 8 persons.
    any place for reco? and the tour location?
    introl please.
    thanks for the help and your time.
    regards
    Jason

wah... very fun place! beach is nice and food is cheap so didn't really remember much of the place, just keep spending because cheap.

but all i know is cabs same like thailand, can make sure meter or bargain like hell. nightlife, not much unless you want to go pub or disco haha. i went to this place quite off town, spa and restaurant by a "cliff" with the sea view. very nice but also forgot the name. pai sae... :P this was afew years ago.

i hope to return there again soon.
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

thanks for the data

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
      wah... very fun place! beach is nice and food is cheap so didn't really remember much of the place, just keep spending because cheap.

but all i know is cabs same like thailand, can make sure meter or bargain like hell. nightlife, not much unless you want to go pub or disco haha. i went to this place quite off town, spa and restaurant by a "cliff" with the sea view. very nice but also forgot the name. pai sae... :P this was afew years ago.

i hope to return there again soon.
      book air aisa.
      8 persons total only 500 plus
      now looking for hotel.

Comment

A must visit is the Mother Temple, Bersakih. The Barong dance is entertaining but if you are bringing young kids, may frighten them though. Candi Desa is known for its black beaches, another alternative to stay if you like quiet.

Other standard tourist places are Ubud (great place for a spa visit, especially those overlooking the valley), Denpasar (the main town, though they call it a city), Ulu Watu for the cliffside temple and if your family want to experience touching dolphins, go up north to Lovina (but you have to be up by 4am to take the boat out).

There's also plenty of beach activities like para sailing at Benoa but there could be other alternatives at other beaches by now. The last time I went was more than 5 years ago.

If you can afford the time, can try visiting nearby Lombok island too. Can also try booking a catamaran or other sailing boats to enjoy a day out in the ocean with meals inclusive in the package.

White water rafting is also available if you are adventurous too but its not the really rough type, just enough for a bit of excitement.

Typical place to stay is Kuta beach but you can try further down the road. Since there are 8 of you, you could try a whole villa by the beach instead, if you are comfortable with the idea.

Comment

erm..for me i stay either in hard rock resort or niko...both are nice and cosy...esp niko..right at the side of a high cliff...breathtaking view...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

can try asiarooms.com i always use this to book hotels around the region.
            fallraen
            "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

After a disappointing trip to Bali, I would say that it is more of an "activity" place, and not a sightseeing place. The places of interest are just "ok", pretty disappointing if you compare it with other places, especially if you add in the cost of hiring a car and the time it takes to travel to these places.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                erm..for me i stay either in hard rock resort or niko...both are nice and cosy...esp niko..right at the side of a high cliff...breathtaking view...
                i stay nikko b4 .. few yrs ago, ocean view very good, food ok. .. wave quite strong, end up playing with my kid in the pool.. pool got sand my kids can play with

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X