Suggestion for improvement to buy / sell threads in SG-ROC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for improvement to buy / sell threads in SG-ROC

Just got an infraction from a forum mod on discussion of prices in the buy / sell forum. To look at the positive side, i would like to suggest to the mod team that only the thread starter can update the thread and no other members can post in the sales or buy threads except the starter himself / herself. That would clear all confusion on whether one is violating any rules set by the mods. It would ultimately make the buy / sell thread much cleaner. Anyway would like to thank the team for moderating the forum vigilantly

Hey bro,

sorry to hear that you just got an infraction but from my point of view as a seller it's not very good if the thread is like locked. Then it's gonna be like some eBay auction...you put the pics and description up,contact me if you want to buy.

We want to make it interactive and also transparent on 1 side. At least if someone asks a certain question, like he posts up.." can I see more pictures" seller can reply no or yes. At least the next person who has this question in mind...has his question answered already.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

No prob, your view jives too. Is there any way to make the rules and regulations thread more outstanding visually. Understand it has been updated/edited this month and the thread will not BOLD as it is not a new post that has been added to the thread. I only went to view from my infraction post. Thanks for the quick feedback.

Comment

the rule on prohibiting discussions in WTS is not new.... it's been there for quite some time... we have to introduce that rule bcos many WTS were hijacked for discussions......

btw, the only change for the recent rule update is on the issue of withdrawing a sale and reposting for sale.... and since the rules/regulations thread is a sticky, it's always near the top.....

thanks....
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
          the rule on prohibiting discussions in WTS is not new.... it's been there for quite some time... we have to introduce that rule bcos many WTS were hijacked for discussions......

btw, the only change for the recent rule update is on the issue of withdrawing a sale and reposting for sale.... and since the rules/regulations thread is a sticky, it's always near the top.....

thanks....
          Hi bro i am not debating whether i violated or not. I am just trying to improve this forum by offering my suggestion. What i meant is that if forum mods update the rules and regulations just by editing. Nobody will know the new rules as it will not be in BOLD when open under my acc. It will still be the same title with the same heading. I am suggesting maybe the team look into improvements in these areas. FYI i was the one who suggested putting the rules in the other watch garage in the first place, previously they will only place in the rolex section. Have a nice weekend

Comment

thanks....
            Ohlins just to clarify what's the difference between sale in a forum and sale in say ebay. It's common sense that a forum is a place for discussion, and if
            a moderator imposes rules on ground that the WTS placement has been
            hijacked for discussion, it is not valid - because a forum is a place to discuss.
            The current stand seems to be one where one has to be tight lipped when
            someone has something to offer if even if there obvious flaws on the part of
            the offeror. Can we leave it to the moderator to come in. Sorry I don't much
            of that, on your part at least.

Comment

Originally posted by yellofit View Post
              Hi bro i am not debating whether i violated or not. I am just trying to improve this forum by offering my suggestion. What i meant is that if forum mods update the rules and regulations just by editing. Nobody will know the new rules as it will not be in BOLD when open under my acc. It will still be the same title with the same heading. I am suggesting maybe the team look into improvements in these areas. FYI i was the one who suggested putting the rules in the other watch garage in the first place, previously they will only place in the rolex section. Have a nice weekend
              sure.... of cos we always seek to improve.... we will from now on put in bold new changes... cheers...
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBird View Post
                Ohlins just to clarify what's the difference between sale in a forum and sale in say ebay. It's common sense that a forum is a place for discussion, and if
                a moderator imposes rules on ground that the WTS placement has been
                hijacked for discussion, it is not valid - because a forum is a place to discuss.
                The current stand seems to be one where one has to be tight lipped when
                someone has something to offer if even if there obvious flaws on the part of
                the offeror. Can we leave it to the moderator to come in. Sorry I don't much
                of that, on your part at least.
                as explained previously, we have sections for discussion and section for sale.

and our team have decided that the sale section will be kept strictly for that purpose i.e. to buy and sell and not for teasing, chatting, upping for others, making remarks on the price etc.

if there is a problem with a particular offer to sale, members can either click on "report a post" or pm a mod for his notice....

thanks...

Comment

sure.... of cos we always seek to improve.... we will from now on put in bold new changes... cheers...
                  Thanks for accepting my suggestion. Cheers

Comment

The rules are quite long, but is kinda useful with the search link.

As I am new to this forum, I think a easier navigation will be of good help.

I have hard time find how to reply to thread, and how to post the first 10 thread

Comment

One question here, is the rules visible to members with less than 10 posts? I cant seem to find it, all i can see are feedback and FAQ.

Comment

i can view : )

Comment

Keep it up

Comment

There is tons of way to improve, but hard to get a buyer

Comment

able to view garage rules with < 10posts.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X