about the brown 5513 FS in sgroc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the brown 5513 FS in sgroc...

there's a head only meters first 5513 without bezel lume FS in sg-roc... the one that looked like it has had a rather bad day at the sea some time in its past.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=64069

unfortunately i saw it when i was helping someone find a watch to buy on sg-roc. i really wished i did not see it, because i hate calling such sales out.

but i'm gonna say it: PCG, gouges and dial/hands condition aside, i think it's misleading to say that the case is corrosion free.

the rear of the case looks like it has been polished/ground down to remove pittings (corrosion) - the lugs retain some depth but the area which is usually covered by the case back seems shallower.

part of the spring bar is sticking out of the lug in the picture.

also, some pittings can still be seen in the picture near the 5 o'clock lug.

further, the movement is not actually shown in its entirety.

lastly, the case back was not shown either.

i think given the condition of the face, it would be fair to say the movement suffered major rust damage and had to be (almost) wholly replaced.

although this thread is unlikely to find its way to whomever buys it, i would advise members to find out more about this franken before paying any money for it.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Good advice..I guess some new buyer really need to read this before considering purchase.
    Tumbs up taxico!

Comment

Thanks bro taxico for pointing out so clearly.
      Saw it, feels weird. But me no expert to comment.

It just looks old n corroded to me.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I have moved your thread to the appropriate section. Tx for the information.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i doubt more people will see this post inside the feedback section, hence i posted it in the vintage section...

but hey... it's not my forum, so... !
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X