No announcement yet.

The Selling ads for Replica watches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Selling ads for Replica watches...

Saw the ads just above this forum...not sure if it's ok... esp when we are enforcing no fakes.....Just being passionate abt this hobby...it's abt value of honesty...I'm thinking especially we are here in this forum to discussing abt all types of branded and high value authentic watches....then popped this ads.. esp in our market sale section here, we are strictly transacting real authentic watches and can't imagine if this is the right signal been sent.. forgive me if i hv offended anyone.. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by SeaRolex; 29-09-08, 09:38 PM.
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

HEY!!! WHen did that appear?? LOUIS!!! kekeke

I totally agree with SeaRolex... such banners should be strictly forbidden in our forum... I know they are goggle Ads banners but are we able to disallow such advert but allow others? (Know nuts abt Google Ads so pardon this silly qns)

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback bro. Yes I know of that problem and it was brought up by the mod team and some members. I was about to put up a thread and tell you guys.

Here's the situation...the ads you see up there including those few lines of words that are links to sites selling fakes are supplied by Google. We are not able to pick and choose the ads...I will feedback this to Google and see how it goes.

I understand where you are coming from..and the mod team will do our best to solve the problem. Worst case scenario we will disable ads from Google Adsense

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

*WARNING TO MEMBERS*

Do not purchase watches from the site there...but do click hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Thanks for the feedback bro. Yes I know of that problem and it was brought up by the mod team and some members. I was about to put up a thread and tell you guys.

Here's the situation...the ads you see up there including those few lines of words that are links to sites selling fakes are supplied by Google. We are not able to pick and choose the ads...I will feedback this to Google and see how it goes.

I understand where you are coming from..and the mod team will do our best to solve the problem. Worst case scenario we will disable ads from Google Adsense
          actually we need to be careful here... if there is few cases of these fakes been slipped thru here in the forum and transacted and ppl lodge a complaint...that's it.. This place will be raided...by law enforcer... there goes this forum and most importantly... i will be bored without this fantastic forum..ooppps... my imagination is running wild... but who knows?
          Last edited by SeaRolex; 29-09-08, 09:57 PM.
          There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
            actually we need to be careful here... if there is few cases of these fakes been slipped thru here in the forum and transacted and ppl lodge a complaint...that's it.. This place will be raided...by law enforcer... there goes this forum and most importantly... i will be bored without this fantastic forum..ooppps... my imagination is running wild... but who knows?
            Actually, we are quite safe la...because ads are provided by Google,any law suits will go to google not us actually.

We hold no responsibility...

If I am not wrong

Comment

Darkangel, this time I think you are wrong... you can't just push all the responsibility to Google. Once you find out that Google is providing bad ads, you should take out any Ads from Googel immediately. I feel that it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the mod team.

In this case, you guys are like operating a supermarket selling problem china dairy products but just telling the buyers not to purchase these products instead of taking them from the shelves....

Actually, we are quite safe la...because ads are provided by Google,any law suits will go to google not us actually.

We hold no responsibility...

If I am not wrong
              Last edited by 116520; 29-09-08, 11:46 PM.

Comment

This thread will be locked soon

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Darkangel, this time I think you are wrong... you can't just push all the responsibility to Google. Once you find out that Google is providing bad ads, you should take out any Ads from Googel immediately. I feel that it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the mod team.

In this case, you guys are like operating a supermarket selling problem china dairy products but just telling the buyers not to purchase these products instead of taking them from the shelves....
                Trust me. LOL

Comment

I agree with the rest. Should make every effort to remove the ad as it somewhat lowers the credibility of SG-ROC. My .

Comment

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
                    Just constantly remind all our bros and siss to have the watch verify at RSC, and buying from overseas is high risk as many lesson has shared so be discouraged.

Moreover, Darkie has advised and caution about the website.

Er, to support funding of our forum, everyone of us should click at least 10 times a day... ha ha ha, until they 'pay and pay', and eventually pull out of here, which is a more logical step for us.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
                      Just constantly remind all our bros and siss to have the watch verify at RSC, and buying from overseas is high risk as many lesson has shared so be discouraged.

Moreover, Darkie has advised and caution about the website.

Er, to support funding of our forum, everyone of us should click at least 10 times a day... ha ha ha, until they 'pay and pay', and eventually pull out of here, which is a more logical step for us.
                      Once a day would do...haha if you overdo....they won't give us money also

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

That's a good point there. Well,I might be considering to suggest to the owner of the site to remove the ads by google because their ads they provide are not appropriate. But of course,if the owner doesn't want to do it...I also cannot do anything la.

Well another thing is,the mods do not have power to remove the google ads...it's the owner only. Thanks for pointing it out!

Comment

Ah la ma... I hit 10 times just now...

Ok, will hit once everyday.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Oh.... it is the owner's power to push the button.... tell him/her that very soon there will be many XXX ads or pop-ups in this forum if no one is doing something about this ad....

Once a day would do...haha if you overdo....they won't give us money also

That's a good point there. Well,I might be considering to suggest to the owner of the site to remove the ads by google because their ads they provide are not appropriate. But of course,if the owner doesn't want to do it...I also cannot do anything la.

Well another thing is,the mods do not have power to remove the google ads...it's the owner only. Thanks for pointing it out!
                          Last edited by 116520; 30-09-08, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I support the call to remove Google replica watch ads.

Comment

if click too many times, the owner of the ads will get refund. that happened to me when some idiot at uni clickbomb my ads, then google accuse me of clicking on my own ads
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X