This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads, Postings and Member status

Currently, a member is elevated from junior member to senior member, by making a certain number of posts. I have seen the number of posts increased dramatically by merely inserting an emoticon, and a meaningless comment like
    "ha,ha". If your browse the forum, you will see this apparently practised by some individuals.

In no time, you have a group of super lao chiao. I have great respect for bona fide super lao chiaos, who contribute to the pool of knowledge, provide a voice of reason, and a good measure of wisdom on watch related subjects.
    Some, however, exist in the forum as cult of personalities, ever ready to pound someone who does not agree with him/her and who will fight to end to restore his/her lost pride. You may even see him/her pounding on this article, in his/her own time.

There is no foolproof method to curb this. One suggestion is to measure the number of threads rather than postings. In this way, a bump for a sale over
    weeks would count as one. And sniggers and ha,has count for nothing.

Have a nice weekend.

Originally posted by antibullsheeter View Post
    There is no foolproof method to curb this. One suggestion is to measure the number of threads rather than postings. In this way, a bump for a sale over

Have a nice weekend.
    yeah ...... no system is perfect....

from the onset, ours was created for the fun of it .... it is really a no-frills system

in fact, one does not need to read too much into this....

hitting "laojiao" status merely means one has a certain number of posts....... it does not tell of his contribution in terms of knowledge sharing and opinions.......

however, i can say that a laojiao should know our rules better than a junior member.....
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Totally agreed with Bro Ohlins!

Cheers to SROC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post
        Totally agreed with Bro Ohlins!

Cheers to SROC!!!
        Cheers to a newly elected super lao

You are no like the rest
        You are the best!!

chiao

Comment

Cheers to a newly elected super lao

You are no like the rest
          You are the best!!

chiao
          Thank-you Bro Bullsheet. Thank-you.

I also did not notice I have become Lao Jiao status.

No lah,not the best. Still new.

Thank-you very much.

Comment

status is status but don read too much about it. no of posts also do not mean anything. also does not give u special treatment. just looked at hw i was mistreated earlier, just my personal feeling and example, not trying stir things up k. i say in advance 1st to as bro antibullsheeter said, anyone can becomes a "senior" just by giving emotions or haha hehe and not contributing in this forum. i do not want to give names, they should know themselves it should comes from heart. i have been here long enough and everyone here r free to view my posting and know what type of person i am. certainly not those 1 word 1 ha or 1 he. i think this status thing, moderators also cant do much, but don worry too much. this forum is getting better and better and we will find a way to counter this loophole if not all

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
              status is status but don read too much about it. no of posts also do not mean anything. also does not give u special treatment. just looked at hw i was mistreated earlier, just my personal feeling and example, not trying stir things up k. i say in advance 1st to as bro antibullsheeter said, anyone can becomes a "senior" just by giving emotions or haha hehe and not contributing in this forum. i do not want to give names, they should know themselves it should comes from heart. i have been here long enough and everyone here r free to view my posting and know what type of person i am. certainly not those 1 word 1 ha or 1 he. i think this status thing, moderators also cant do much, but don worry too much. this forum is getting better and better and we will find a way to counter this loophole if not all
              I better not send you a nasty reply or question the One in case Ohlins close
              my thread and send me a personal message.

Comment

Currently, a member is elevated from junior member to senior member, by making a certain number of posts. I have seen the number of posts increased dramatically by merely inserting an emoticon, and a meaningless comment like
                "ha,ha". If your browse the forum, you will see this apparently practised by some individuals.

In no time, you have a group of super lao chiao. I have great respect for bona fide super lao chiaos, who contribute to the pool of knowledge, provide a voice of reason, and a good measure of wisdom on watch related subjects.
                Some, however, exist in the forum as cult of personalities, ever ready to pound someone who does not agree with him/her and who will fight to end to restore his/her lost pride. You may even see him/her pounding on this article, in his/her own time.

Have a nice weekend.
                My personal opinion is that, it is not Status or system problem. It is someone's personal emotion that want to change the system or afraid ppl climb faster. The system have no problem and all the times all the Superlaojiao or senior know what to do and don't form cult that the person mentioned. So this is all personally. I hope the person must think macro and not micro!.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X