Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Require 10 post to view sales forum, What is your view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a step that totally waiting times, in fact, it creates unnecessary post to the forum which serves no purpose at all ? Members post to sell their stuffs and we view to search for our piece of liking, why should we need to post to entitle just for viewing ? Outrages ! See, I'm posting here to make remarks, any meaning to it ? Sigh ....

Comment

If u join Sgroc just for the garage thn i thk u better go to other website ie gumtreX, CraigliXt or sXx.. We dnt want our foru
      become a place where full of Fs/ft/wtb only like another sXx...
      Hate to admit I hardly intereact with others now days.. Spend most of the time fishing in the garage section..
      Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
      Future - Geneva hallmark
      Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

IMO setting up any viewing barrier (beyond the normal registration process) to any of the sales sub-forum is not a good idea.

it just means a proportion of persons will not even register/return to sg-roc and go else where to look at ads. rubbish replies/threads to accumulate 10 posts will just make the content more annoying than it already is.

while this new rule protects the paid sponsors' interests, it does not take into account the lurking members that also contribute to this site's popularity.

monetizing or not, i am always for the hands-off approach when it comes to user-dependent sites (ie, sites that do not self-generate content via writers/regular contributors).
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Make it more annoying is each post must be filtered by moderator? Senseless now make it even more absurd!

Comment

require 10 post

Wanna get a nice Rolex but can't view now. Gotta post 10 times. Sob.. sob..

Comment

What sponsors want ? More viewers ! Not more posts! Forum is not just for posts but members that constantly coming in to read.

Comment

I think it's good to make people contribute more to the forum.

Comment

anyway its all subjective but i do feel that the 10 post count does seems to make sense as its looking at participation for everyone.

but there might also be just viewers but regardless the case just respect the rule and move on.

Comment

still not able to see my own posts. i am going to buy first rolex from the garage section by going thru the threads. Now that i can't go to that area, really not a good idea for newbie.

Comment

Bit surprise about this restriction. Whatever the reasons, I think many of us find this forum friendly and useful. I have bought many items from contacts in this forum, and often, pm or sms directly. I also enjoyed the many discussion, may not post is just like many of us follow friends on Facebook but we dun post every single comments.
                      Hope this can change. The spirit should really be making this forum friendly instead of exclusive. I maybe wrong on that.

Comment

Was shocked when cannot access the forum site today. Was able to post new thread previously.

Comment

Not sure if with such a new system many of us would post for the sake of posting to just clock our 10 post count

Comment

Well, every forum can set their own house rules (it is not necessary for the admin to explain their purpose behind it) but I do believe every decision they make is for the benefit of everbody. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dtctan View Post
                              Well, every forum can set their own house rules (it is not necessary for the admin to explain their purpose behind it) but I do believe every decision they make is for the benefit of everbody. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                              the former is true. if you believe in the latter, then you, my dear grasshopper, are sorely mistaken and have obviously been well looked after your whole life. this does not mean this is NOT the case here; it just means i disagree with your belief.
                              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

now can view already! yeah!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X