Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbishing Ideas - Antique Watch Case

Dear Members of SG-ROC,

Here’s a brilliant idea from a good friend of mine to convert his antique box into a rustic looking watch case. When he presented the box to me, it was rather dilapidated but just the look he wants. A brief description was given to me about how he wants to refurbish it and the type of watches he collects. He preferred earth-tone colored suede for the interior and preferably pillows for his 5 Panerai watches plus space for other fine timepieces in his collection.

This is the exterior after applying a layer of mahogany stain. I left the leather straps untouched.
    Foto1

I've made the interior to consist of two decks; the lower is just a suede-clad fixed tray and the upper deck is divided into two sections. The back row has 4pcs of 60mm pillows and a compartment to keep extra buckles in the center. The front row stores watches (laid flat), tools or more straps.
    Foto2

Knowing he has a number of leather straps, I made a lower deck to store all of them. I’ve also given him an additional 30mm width pillow for the upper deck, which can be placed in the center slot of the back row in place of buckles.
    Foto3

The upper deck fits snugly into the box and sits on top the lower deck. I’ve given some headroom for thicker straps too.
    Foto4

One other thing is that the center divider can be taken off to give him the flexibility to store his leather-strap watches stretched out.
    Foto5

So, on a happy note…
    a) I’ve made him a happy man (saving money),
    b) He gets a unique box that no one has,
    c) The box gets saved from going to the landfill,
    d) I get paid having ‘fun’!!!
    Foto6

*Special THANKS to WatchWerkz for the loan of the Lum-Tec Watch and the quality leather straps.
    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
    • Montre de MarQue
    • Etoile D'Or
    • Hotel Indonesia
    • Glory Time
    • The Watch-Collector
    • Time Palace
    • The Swiss Connection
    • M Baker
    • Maurice Lacroix
    • Time Marques
    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

A very nice vintage case. Unique and authentic.

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
      Dear Members of SG-ROC,

Here’s a brilliant idea from a good friend of mine to convert his antique box into a rustic looking watch case. When he presented the box to me, it was rather dilapidated but just the look he wants. A brief description was given to me about how he wants to refurbish it and the type of watches he collects. He preferred earth-tone colored suede for the interior and preferably pillows for his 5 Panerai watches plus space for other fine timepieces in his collection.

This is the exterior after applying a layer of mahogany stain. I left the leather straps untouched.
      Foto1

I've made the interior to consist of two decks; the lower is just a suede-clad fixed tray and the upper deck is divided into two sections. The back row has 4pcs of 60mm pillows and a compartment to keep extra buckles in the center. The front row stores watches (laid flat), tools or more straps.
      Foto2

Knowing he has a number of leather straps, I made a lower deck to store all of them. I’ve also given him an additional 30mm width pillow for the upper deck, which can be placed in the center slot of the back row in place of buckles.
      Foto3

The upper deck fits snugly into the box and sits on top the lower deck. I’ve given some headroom for thicker straps too.
      Foto4

One other thing is that the center divider can be taken off to give him the flexibility to store his leather-strap watches stretched out.
      Foto5

So, on a happy note…
      a) I’ve made him a happy man (saving money),
      b) He gets a unique box that no one has,
      c) The box gets saved from going to the landfill,
      d) I get paid having ‘fun’!!!
      Foto6

*Special THANKS to WatchWerkz for the loan of the Lum-Tec Watch and the quality leather straps.
      Well done bro, A vintage pre-v case .

Comment

v nice bro well done

Comment

Very well done bro ten10... now if only i had that many watches to keep a watch briefcase...
          HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
          ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
          Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
          Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
          Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
          TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
          G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
          Rolex ladies datejust
          vintage Cartier tank 18k
          TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds