New watch for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New watch for 2014

Any bros have opinion or comments on the Speedmaster Pro 3570?

Pls advise cause i contemplating on getting it as my first watch in 2014. thanks in adv

i bought this back in 2007, very beautiful & iconic timepiece. certainly a good piece to start the 2014!
    elusive

Comment

and please get only the 3570.50 original moon watch, not the other variants.
      elusive

Comment

Originally posted by RevolVL View Post
        Any bros have opinion or comments on the Speedmaster Pro 3570?

Pls advise cause i contemplating on getting it as my first watch in 2014. thanks in adv
        I am a big fan of the speedy and have owned a few different variants of the moonwatch so my bias opinion is yes please go for it.

Some might say manual winding and the lack of date are inconvenient but these could also play into your advantage when you wear it in rotation with other watches, as you need not bother about date adjustment and could keep the watch running when not wearing it. Most importantly it is a very classic design that has not changed much from the original moonwatch.

However if you are fussy about the hesalite crystal being scratched and like to have a see-thru caseback to appreciate the beautiful movement, consider the 3573.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Go for it, Bro!

Comment

I loved mine, and you will too. The 3573 would make a great daily beater. Have fun with the straps too

You'll get used to the manual wind and the absence of a date window.

Comment

Some additional comments on manual winding...

The crown is not the screw-down type which I personally preferred. While I enjoy winding a watch daily, I find having to unscrew and screw down the crown daily a bit of a hassle (or maybe I am just paranoid about damaging the screw thread in the process of doing it daily). That is one of the reasons I gave up my rolex 6694 and pam radiomir, both manual winding with screw-down crown.

The down size is that it is less water resistant but hey it is a space watch (reminds me of someone asking about wearing pilot watches to swim...)
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Appreciate all the insight and advises. Thanks !

Comment

U just cant go wrong with this!!! Go go go...

Comment

Lovely watch...I have just acquired a Good Planet and am hunting (albeit in no real hurry) for a vintage Constellation. Who knows, maybe this will ultimately make the Omega trinity.

Just thought to share my sentiments for Omega with bro RevoIVL.

And thanks bro Pegasi, for the education. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

Go for it! Nice nice nice...

Comment

Sure is a wise choice. Go get it !

Comment

I am contemplating to get one speedmaster in 2014 as well. The omega reduced version seemed more suitable for office wear in my opinion

Comment

Buy it buy it

Comment

Speaking of which, can bros here advise if it's better to get the one with hesalite crystal or sapphire sandwich? Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X