Calling Sinn UX Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Sinn UX Owners

Any current Sinn UX owners? I just bought one...great watch, love the floating appearence of the dial, it is by far the most legible of all my watches.

Any other UX owners here on SG-ROC, i have a feeling not many cos even the sales staff kept discouraging me from buying the UX.....

Anyone had had to send in their UX for a battery change? care to share the experience and cost?

Also, did everyone's UX come with a COSC certificate?

I read on WUS that the battery will last 8yrs if stock was bought new. Someone mentioned the battery change would be expensive, but not the actual cost of it.

I would be more concerned about the change of oils though. That is a bigger technical problem if one does crop up. A THG dealer once said that the oil change would cost about $3-400, and this could be done locally contrary to WUS feedback.

Interestingly he also cautioned against a UX and a U2.

In fact, you participated on the same forum thread
    "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Actually according to Sinn customer service which I recently emailed, UX can only be serviced on Germany for oil change and battery change, THG does not have the ability to do the job. From other forums the cost is not high less than $300 I think, so curious if any sg owners have done it? Either way spending $300 or so is an acceptable cost every 7 to 8 years. I've spent way more to keep my mechanical watches serviced every 5 years anyway.

Yes the U2 can be serviced by THG locally as they have the equipment to refill the argon gas.

Heh, the sales rep at THG kept pushing the U1 and said even if I don't like the U1 I should get one of the other U Series watches..never once did he recommen the other models.

Comment

If that is what Sinn Customer Service says, then it must be true! But it also necessitates waiting a long time for the watch to get back from Germany. Agree that $300 is not bad, but is this in USD? And costs of the battery change will add up as well?

I always like the UX design as it is different from the U1's. The main problem with me picking one up was the uncertainties with servicing, and the fact was that it is afterall, quartz.

Can't go back after turning mechanical. Thus am again staring in the direction of a U1.

Interestingly, i bumped into that THG dealer several times on the streets. He is ALWAYS wearing that same U1 and swears by it!

Comment

Ha ha when I went to the THG sale recently, so many if the male staff there wearing U1 and 2...anyway I bought the UX because it's a high accuracy quartz combined with the "tough" Sinn DNA makes it an ideal grab and go beater. I am kind of OCD with accuracy so I find myself adjusting the time on my mechanical watches way too often.

Comment

I'm not surprised. Another SA at THG said that 30% of the THG staff own the U1. If they hit quota for the year, they get to buy at very special rates, talking about 70% off the list price or something ridiculous like that. The discount probably varies from brand to brand so this is a ball-park figure.

BNIB U1 at $888? Count me in man.

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
              I'm not surprised. Another SA at THG said that 30% of the THG staff own the U1. If they hit quota for the year, they get to buy at very special rates, talking about 70% off the list price or something ridiculous like that. The discount probably varies from brand to brand so this is a ball-park figure.

BNIB U1 at $888? Count me in man.
              Yup that's true. Hoping for a Sinn sale in April this year....Would like to hoot a pilot style chronograph

Comment

Is there such a thing as a "Sinn"-only sale? I would be very interested to know!

Comment

Is there such a thing as a "Sinn"-only sale? I would be very interested to know!
                  there was one in april last year for certain bank card members etc http://sinnclubsea.blogspot.sg/

seems they do offer specific pieces, probably to clear old stock

Comment

I doubt if the U1 will come up as under any special discount. Lost my chance at the recent thg stock clearance sale. Will probably go down today and see if I can be poisoned enough to repurchase another U1 haha. With the 40 months installments, poison should be a piece of cake.

Comment

Heh heh, u1 cannot get 40 months installment, I think need to hoot $5000 or more. THG was the only dealer to keep asking me if I wanted to pay in installment when I recently purchased my U2 and UX. Most other dealer will try to give less discount if you opt for installment...

Comment

I read some where it was $500 and above to be eligible for the 40-mth installment. And not $5,000.

I stand corrected.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Didn't go to thg in the end.

My wife did. On the sneak, to place a deposit a few days ago before the new stock was flown in from Frankfurt. My dealer and her schemed to surprise me. She collected the watch today whilst I was waiting for brunch to be served.

And here it is, complete with a love note. Reunited with an old flame.

Nice way to end the day.

Comment

My wife did. On the sneak, to place a deposit a few days ago before the new stock was flown in from Frankfurt. My dealer and her schemed to surprise me. She collected the watch today whilst I was waiting for brunch to be served.

Nice way to end the day.
                            Very nice watch and even nicer wife...congrats

Comment

Nice way to end the day.
                              Congrats, so sweet of your wife!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X