Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know or wearing a Junghans watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know or wearing a Junghans watch?

Recently came across this brand, Junghans while surfing the net and saw that this is a German watchmaker with a long history, since 1861. Their collection is really quite something. Especially fascinated with their Max Bill Chronoscope and Meister Chronoscope. They are really beautiful timepieces with the only downside is they are using convex hard plexiglass with SICRALAN coating instead of sapphire crystal. The local AD explains to me the use of plexiglass is necessary to create the unique vintage look in the series.

The two watches I am interested in are not cheap, the Max Bill Chronoscope is nearly 4k and the Meister is slightly expensive.

Anyone here have any experience with this brand of watches? If so can share your experience? And where is a good place to buy them?

http://www.junghans.de/en.html

In terms of outlook The Max Bill would be more paying tributes to the 1960's original Max Bill design, where if you look closer, the crown,buckle is not signed with Junghans logo also the 8 pointed star is not printed on any part of the watch as this is their effort to preserve the originality of Max Bill Design. **it represent more Max Bill rather than Junghans

Whereas the Meister is the original DNA of Junghans, could refer to the review by WUS member:
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f8/jung...w-1374521.html

Comment

Thanks man! That was a good read!

Comment

What about a Junghans Meister Chronograph? I was actually eyeing on one. Any reviews or feedback?
        Life is a gamble. It's either you win or you lose. But if you don't even dare to try... You are destined to be a loser

Comment

max bill chronoscope for me
          many watches have been flipped, but the max bill still stays true to my heart

Comment

I'm attracted to the clean white simple dial
            Life is a gamble. It's either you win or you lose. But if you don't even dare to try... You are destined to be a loser

Comment

i was initially considering between the max bill chronoscope or the meister chronoscope, but eventually chose the max bill which i feel is more bauhaus
              ... the meister simply has too much going on - the concave dials, sword hands etc...
              the beauty of the max bill is in its clean simplicity, subtle, restrained

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X