Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202ST 40th Anniversary

Dear members,

Im about to get this beautiful Jumbo soon and some issues i've got into certain forums make me abit worried/curious regarding the Cal. 2122 ( aka JLC Cal.920 )

I've seen some rumours/feedback from owners having issues regarding the date change didnt work appropriately or even the movement stops after taking good care of it. I mean do we really need to take care of the watch like a baby ? Would knocking through a door knock for example would hurt the watch?

Is this true? Im seeking some feedbacks from owners who own the watch regarding this unsolve issues that make me hold on to pulling a trigger. Do you have any issues from the Cal.2121?

If its just a rumour and things are just some made up stories than i would be much in relief.

Would appreciate to get some positive comments from owners or negative if there is

Thanks in advance!

Definitely not a rumour...

I have the same piece in blue dial, and I've sent it back to the service centre twice in the 2 years I've had it... My watch is VERY well taken care off, and I wear it maybe once a week or less. I used to have it on a winder, and it stopped once taken off. Then I stopped putting it on a winder, and it still stopped after taking it off my wrist. Both times all that was said was the watch has no power reserve. No further answers nor clarification.

The only reason I'm still keeping this watch is that it's an iconic piece. and beautiful. But the movement, IMHO, is crap.
    1-4. Casio G Shock (GW200TC2JR, GW3000B, GWM5600BC1ER, GW94003), 5-7. Seiko (SSA053K1, SRP455, 5J22-0AE0), 8. Luminox Field Day Date 1800, 9. TAG Heuer F1, 10. Movas Tourbillon, 11. Sinn 6100 Regulateur, 12. Nomos Tangente 38, 13. Omega Speedmaster "The Legend", 14. Glashutte Original Sixties Senator Square, 15. Azimuth Round1 Dragon 'piece unique', 16-20. Panerai 26K, 190G, 292J, 311, 438, 507, 21. AP Royal Oak Jumbo Extra Thin 15202, 22. AP Forged Carbon Diver 15706 23. Grand Seiko 5646-7011

Comment

Originally posted by jjongkp View Post
      I have the same piece in blue dial, and I've sent it back to the service centre twice in the 2 years I've had it... My watch is VERY well taken care off, and I wear it maybe once a week or less. I used to have it on a winder, and it stopped once taken off. Then I stopped putting it on a winder, and it still stopped after taking it off my wrist. Both times all that was said was the watch has no power reserve. No further answers nor clarification.

The only reason I'm still keeping this watch is that it's an iconic piece. and beautiful. But the movement, IMHO, is crap.
      Hi Bro, thanks for the honest opinion and feedbacks! Btw, what makes you keep the watch instead of it being an iconic piece?

Have you resolved the issues regarding the movement? Does it runs smoothly as it should after the service?

Would love to know an update on that

Comment

Well I do like the watch too.

After the second service it has been running well. No obvious issues, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
        1-4. Casio G Shock (GW200TC2JR, GW3000B, GWM5600BC1ER, GW94003), 5-7. Seiko (SSA053K1, SRP455, 5J22-0AE0), 8. Luminox Field Day Date 1800, 9. TAG Heuer F1, 10. Movas Tourbillon, 11. Sinn 6100 Regulateur, 12. Nomos Tangente 38, 13. Omega Speedmaster "The Legend", 14. Glashutte Original Sixties Senator Square, 15. Azimuth Round1 Dragon 'piece unique', 16-20. Panerai 26K, 190G, 292J, 311, 438, 507, 21. AP Royal Oak Jumbo Extra Thin 15202, 22. AP Forged Carbon Diver 15706 23. Grand Seiko 5646-7011

Comment

After the second service it has been running well. No obvious issues, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
          Thats nice to know and thanks for the feedbacks!

Atleast the watch is running smoothly and you are enjoying it right? Guess it wouldn't be a big deal for me to pull the trigger

Comment

Anymore hiccups to date

Dear fellow member, care to share if the problem still pop up?.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X