Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Audemars Piguet watches

Hi Guys,

Hope to understand this brand a bit more. Especially those with experience with it can share freely.

1. Do they hold value at all? I know not all models hold value but specifically does the Royal Oaks and Royal Oaks Offshore holds value after say 5-10 years or more. Comparing to Rolex sports watches, where do they stand?

2. I read in horror that the movement is rather unreliable. I cannot understand if its a premium product, why does it not have a certain standard of quality?

3. For Rolex, it is possible to do a servicing at a trusted 3rd party shop. Is it true that for AP, most only go back to AP for servicing?

If the above 3 are all negative answers, why does it still command a premium pricing?

Please respond kindly and don't flame as I am asking genuinely and for information sake.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rolexloverwatchlover View Post
    Hi Guys,

Hope to understand this brand a bit more. Especially those with experience with it can share freely.

1. Do they hold value at all? I know not all models hold value but specifically does the Royal Oaks and Royal Oaks Offshore holds value after say 5-10 years or more. Comparing to Rolex sports watches, where do they stand?

2. I read in horror that the movement is rather unreliable. I cannot understand if its a premium product, why does it not have a certain standard of quality?

3. For Rolex, it is possible to do a servicing at a trusted 3rd party shop. Is it true that for AP, most only go back to AP for servicing?

If the above 3 are all negative answers, why does it still command a premium pricing?

Please respond kindly and don't flame as I am asking genuinely and for information sake.

Thanks.
    Though I have not experienced owning and using an AP, I have heard several 'negative stories' about it's reliability in movements and designs (selective models). For a brief period, not too long ago, I was looking to buy an AP only to be put off by the hefty service and repair costs if I need to send the watch in to the agent. For example, a simple change of stainless steel bezel for a Royal Oak (if no servicing is required), can cost "a few thousand dollars" (quoted by a female staff in AP boutique). Despite me asking for the exact amount, she refused to furnish one.

Let's hear from people who have owned and used AP watches.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X