IWC BIG PILOT vs ROLEX DAYTONA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domin_ic17 View Post
    I have owned Both, BP anytime but the 5002 not 5004.
    Yo bro, why cannot get BP 5004 har?

Comment

actually i prefer 5004 to 5002

still cannot appreciate the value of the 5002

Comment

The diff is in the dial and the engine. The first BP was 5002 with the fish crown in 2003 (I think!). Then, came the BP 5004. The 5002 movement is rated at 18k beats per hour while the 5004 movement has 21.6k beats per hour. This can help a watchmaker fine tune the 5004 a bit more for a bit more accuracy. Having said that, my experience is such that the accuracy of both is extremely similar even after both watches having been back to Richemont for service and regulation. In fact, I have four 5000-based IWC's. Two 18k's and two 21.6k's and see no difference in accuracy between all four. There really is no "better" movement between the two.

Next the 5002 has a antique tobacco dial with a white border for the date window at the 6 o'clock position and that signature brown buffalo strap. The overall look is rugged and military in style, appealing to those adventurous types. In fact, this model was featured on the model's wrist for the Polo Ralph Lauren Explorer Ads (which you can google to confirm).

The 5004 has a classy black dial with discreet date window that has no outlined border coupled with the dressed up black croc strap. In addition, the 5004's power reserve sub-dial has its 1 hour reserve marking in red colour. Overall, it looks more sophisticated and would match a business suit better.

Lastly, as to the crown difference, IWC changed the fish crown to the Probus Scafusia crown when they changed from the 18k to the 21.6k movement before releasing the 5004 models. At the same time, there was also a revision made on the crown tube to prevent a damage trend that seemed to occur only with the original 5002 fish crowns. It was discovered that on many early 5002 releases, the crown tube slid inside the case preventing the fish crown from screwing-in. When this happened, IWC replaced the fish crown with the Probus crown. As such, some 5002's with the Probus crown may very well be the last batches of 18k watches. It may well be a matter of time when the early 5002 fish crowns suffer the same fate.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
        Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
        Watch your words, for they become actions.
        Watch your actions, for they become habits.
        Watch your habits, for they become character.
        Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Another vote for the IWC 5002
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

I love both watches, but my heart goes to the BP 5004... Might be getting one soon.... Having said that, the Daytona is on my radar too. My problem is I love too many watches but money not enough hehe...
            PAM 233K :woohoo:
            IWC BP 5004 :D
            Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
            Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X