Ball watch winding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball watch winding

Guys... i purchased my train master few mths ago.

However there is something which i need from you guys.

How often do you wind your watch?
    I always wind it every 2-3 weeks when the time will over-shot by 3-5 mins.
    Can i confirm if overshot is better than undershot?

Next thing, i read from Ball manual that the Ball watches normally have 36 to 40++ hours of power reserve. However mine is only 15 hours from my test.
    Anyone tried to test the power reserve capabilities before?

Thanks!

Originally posted by forumRider View Post

Next thing, i read from Ball manual that the Ball watches normally have 36 to 40++ hours of power reserve. However mine is only 15 hours from my test.

Thanks!
    1) I rotate my auto watches evenly so seldom have to wind. Usually if have to wind, its at the end of the month when the date have to be brought forward or something (i.e 30 days, etc). usually by then, my watches would be 2-3 mins fast/slow. Placing for long periods on a winder will also affect the timing accuracies.

2) Overshot or Undershot is a personal preference. In adition, the way u place ur watch (crown up, crown down, etc etc) will affect the timing to be fast or slow. doesnt really bother me either way

3) 15 hours is too little. Send it in for checking. min should be able to tahan 35-40hours if fully winded
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      1) I rotate my auto watches evenly so seldom have to wind. Usually if have to wind, its at the end of the month when the date have to be brought forward or something (i.e 30 days, etc). usually by then, my watches would be 2-3 mins fast/slow. Placing for long periods on a winder will also affect the timing accuracies.

2) Overshot or Undershot is a personal preference. In adition, the way u place ur watch (crown up, crown down, etc etc) will affect the timing to be fast or slow. doesnt really bother me either way

3) 15 hours is too little. Send it in for checking. min should be able to tahan 35-40hours if fully winded
      Hey bro... thanks for your reply!

thats wad i tot so too... 15 hours is too little.
      Btw how do i know if its fully winded? I read from websites that the crown will resist to be turned further...then its fully winded.

How do i wind the watch? i unscrew the crown and pull it out ... turn the min hand 30-50 cycles...then screw back the crown.

Am i doing it correctly??

Comment

I have brand new ball engineer master II, i have your problem also i.e around 15 to 18 hours power reserve only after worn for a day. After i sent for servicing, they told me no problem with the movement, is myself not fully wind it. They advice me to wind it 30 times before wear it and wear for a day(then the movement will fully wind). I follow they advice power reserve was +-40 hours. You may try it and see what is the result.

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
          I have brand new ball engineer master II, i have your problem also i.e around 15 to 18 hours power reserve only after worn for a day. After i sent for servicing, they told me no problem with the movement, is myself not fully wind it. They advice me to wind it 30 times before wear it and wear for a day(then the movement will fully wind). I follow they advice power reserve was +-40 hours. You may try it and see what is the result.
          ya.... i read from internet article that need to wind at least 30 - 50 rounds. Then i realised i was wrong as i always wind it to the current time whenever the watch stopped. I winded it about 30-50 times when my ball watch stopped last sat nite. And i wind it on sunday morning and wear it for whole day. Now gg to see if its power reserve time improves....

or probably i do it wrongly....

Comment

Originally posted by forumRider View Post

Thanks!
            I did check with the watch repairer, overshot is normal...but undershot then you have to sent for service liao

Comment

depending on your activities when wearing your watch on wrist...i am a desk diver and all my automatic watches have no problem running for 35 to 40hours after a day on my wrist...i think it is best to go to the service centre to do a checking for the peace of mind.

15hours power reserve is not acceptable to me...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Ok guys! Finally i managed to wind my watch correctly. Now the power reserve of e watch is abt 30 odd hours.

As for timing the ball watch always overshot. this gonna be my best hoot of e year!

Thanks everyone for e kind input.
                Cheers!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X