F#%^* M%@*!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thievery View Post
    oh.. complications in GOOD TERMS.. not bad terms i hope..
    For watches, complication is a good thing. The more the complications there is on the watch the more interesting it becomes. Of course more complications means a higher price too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thievery View Post
      wow.. nice.. superb..
      can i asked why people are paying so much for FM even though it doesn't have such a long history like other watches..??

i can never get myself to commit to FM even if i got money... sigh..
      Initially, I was also unable to deduce on the high price tag on FM's watches.
      Then gold hit me when I visited FM's webbie.

Taken from FM's URL:

"The Cintrée Curvex, like all Franck Muller creations, has its own story. The project was to make a very complicated watch within totally new contours.

Franck Muller devised a completely new watch-case: all research was based on the discovery of a single spherical point at which the three axes of the watch's curves had to meet.

Scientific calculations were made based, among others, on perfect balance, which resulted in this famous three-dimensional watch-case, so characteristic of the Franck Muller style.

The achievement of this creation is the curvature at 3 o'clock, 9 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock. For a better understanding of this aspect, it should be noted that the contours of a classic tonneau watch-case are less elaborate in design and are curved only at 6 and 12 o'clock.

The three curves of the Cintrée Curvex watch are in perfect balance. The manufacturing procedure is Franck Muller exclusivity. The most sophisticated machines are needed to produce it, as not only the watch-case but also the back, dial, hands and glass are shaped."

You will notice that in the picture, the watch is curved or curled up (which ever you prefer), it requires a lot of expertise therefore complications to house the parts/movements into that case.
      Attached Files
      Wish List

Tag Heuer - Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre
      Maurice Lacroix - Pontos D�centrique GMT
      Baume & Mercier - Classima Executives Contemporary
      Ball Watch Company- Engineer Master II Diver TMT, Fireman Night Train, Fireman Skylab
      Zenith - Chronomaster Open Grande Date
      Bell & Ross - BR 03-92 Carbon
      Longines - Evidenza Automatic
      Omega - Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size, Speedmaster professional
      Tissot - T-Touch Polished Titanium
      And too many others to mention...

Comment

Originally posted by missing_hh View Post

Taken from FM's URL:

"The Cintrée Curvex, like all Franck Muller creations, has its own story. The project was to make a very complicated watch within totally new contours.

Franck Muller devised a completely new watch-case: all research was based on the discovery of a single spherical point at which the three axes of the watch's curves had to meet.

Scientific calculations were made based, among others, on perfect balance, which resulted in this famous three-dimensional watch-case, so characteristic of the Franck Muller style.

The achievement of this creation is the curvature at 3 o'clock, 9 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock. For a better understanding of this aspect, it should be noted that the contours of a classic tonneau watch-case are less elaborate in design and are curved only at 6 and 12 o'clock.

The three curves of the Cintrée Curvex watch are in perfect balance. The manufacturing procedure is Franck Muller exclusivity. The most sophisticated machines are needed to produce it, as not only the watch-case but also the back, dial, hands and glass are shaped."

You will notice that in the picture, the watch is curved or curled up (which ever you prefer), it requires a lot of expertise therefore complications to house the parts/movements into that case.
        that's very DEEP... how do i relate the pic to the description..
        i need to meet up with experts to relate to this aspect...

maybe if i strike rich.. i shall get it.. cos the price of FM is increasing at 3-5 times the current inflation. with meagre increment.. i think it's a hard ball to catch.. watch for this instance..hahha

thanks BRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by missing_hh View Post

Taken from FM's URL:

yup, u r correct. luckily i bought a FM crazy colour dreams that is both complicated and with Cintrée Curvex hehe

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket strap maker for Franck Muller watches?

I have the 'Vegas' watch and need a replacement strap as mine is getting too old.
            Last edited by triton; 04-10-08, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I am keen on a FM, but recently understand "rumours" Sincere watch is dumping the prices due to poor demand & depreciation. Can anyone enlighten?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                I am keen on a FM, but recently understand "rumours" Sincere watch is dumping the prices due to poor demand & depreciation. Can anyone enlighten?
                Yes, buy it a Sincere private sales, at least 50% discount. Many designs to choose from. About 6 counters of Frank Muller.

Comment

They are just clearing stocks because they no longer hold exclusitivity over the brand. That's why you'd see them at Watches of Switzerland as well. The good thing is that they have lots of stocks hehe

Comment

Originally posted by meowcsj View Post
                    Yes, buy it a Sincere private sales, at least 50% discount. Many designs to choose from. About 6 counters of Frank Muller.

*waves* helloo meow meow jiejie

FM is a very unique brand...but not everyone appreciates it if u ask me.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Woa! Like that. I think i either get it at a good bargain or stay away from FM. Thanks for the update.

Comment

I liked FM's design. They are nice, esp the Day and Night and Take Your Time. However their pricing is way too high , at least to me. For the same price, one can get a much better watch...and resale value for it is even worst....so best time to buy is when there is a sale of at least 50pct off, else i will stay off...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          *waves* helloo meow meow jiejie

FM is a very unique brand...but not everyone appreciates it if u ask me.
                          Hihi...darkangel

Went to Sincere today, they quoted me 35+5% discount on Long Island.

Comment

Hihi...darkangel

Went to Sincere today, they quoted me 35+5% discount on Long Island.
                            I think it's ok lah that price...but doubt u can push for more. Anyway get the crazy hours lah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Not only is FM's price dropping in Sin, my friend in HK told me pricing is dropping there as well. Don't know what happen to the brand...

Comment

Sincere watch sales

12 - 14 Aug 2009 11a.m - 7p.m
                                15 Aug 2009 10.30a.m - 3p.m

Suntec City Tower 3

UOB Priority Preview on 12th August 2009 with 5% off sale price. Many Franck Muller, some IWC, some Tag Hueur, Chopard.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X