Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying TAG from AuthenticWatches.com. Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying TAG from AuthenticWatches.com. Safe?

Guys this is my first time spending over 500bucks on a watch.

Went to Tag Heuer today at ION and this model, CJF211A.BA0594, caught my eye..

Tag shop @ Ion is selling @ 5250 - 20% 'discount' = $4200..

Then I did my homework and found out e-bay is selling nearly 1k cheaper..
    Http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/WHOLESALE-PRICE-TAG-HEUER-LINK-MENS-AUTO-WATCH-CJF211A_W0QQitemZ250468576121QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWr istwatches?hash=item3a51172b79&_trksid=p3911.c0.m1 4&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1240|293%3A 1|294%3A50#payId

My question is, is it safe to buy from e-bay/AuthenticWatches.com and so far any bros got any encounter buying from them?

Or anyone else got dealings with overseas Tag sellers?

Warranty wise I believe is international warranty, so can I claim with LYMH?

I ordered and paid for a watch from them last year, but it never turned up. Numerous phone calls and emails to them went unanswered.

In the end after about 3 months, I contacted American Express Singapore which stepped in and refunded me the amount debited to my charge card. They couldn't reveal whether they managed to recoup the amount from Authentic Watches.

Just my personal experience.

Comment

Dun believe in such things called wholesale price

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i dun buy from overseas...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow thats scary heng I posted here..

Any comments about this model? Since I am gonna buy it from shop.. got any where got lobang?

Comment

There are 2 ways for you.

First, buy from the local ADs @ the stipulated discount. No headache & no sleepless night.

Second, buy from overseas via the internet. Plenty of risks involved. Risks come with a price. Either you stand to gain 1k or risk losing 4k. The choice is yours.

You can't compare the overseas price with the local price because someone has already taken the risks for you. Like I said, risks come with a price. There's no free lunch in this world.

Make your choice & happy hunting.

Dino

Comment

Yes, u r right!

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
              There are 2 ways for you.

First, buy from the local ADs @ the stipulated discount. No headache & no sleepless night.

Second, buy from overseas via the internet. Plenty of risks involved. Risks come with a price. Either you stand to gain 1k or risk losing 4k. The choice is yours.

You can't compare the overseas price with the local price because someone has already taken the risks for you. Like I said, risks come with a price. There's no free lunch in this world.

Make your choice & happy hunting.

Dino

Comment

When it comes to buying brand new from overseas, it's okay to buy from physical shops. Virtual shops such as Authentic Watches are touch and go with very little avenue for recourse.

Buying from dealers or sellers on eBay are a little better as there is both buyer and seller protection from eBay. Over time, I've bought quite a number of watches from eBay sellers after checking out their ratings and history of items sold. So far I've had 100% satisfaction buying the following second-hand watches from eBay sellers located in the USA, Japan and Hong Kong:

Patek Philippe Aquanaut
                Blancpain Complete Calendar
                Breguet Type XX Aeronavale
                JLC Squadra Hometime
                Zenith El Primero
                Tudor Tiger Chrono White
                Tudor Tiger Chrono Red
                Tudor Tiger Hydronaut
                Anonimo Militare Crono
                Omega Planet Ocean
                Rado Diastar Original Diver's watch
                Omega Speedmaster

All watches came in good condition, well-packed and sent by reputable couriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL with tracking numbers, usually arriving within 4-6 days after payment is made. Also no fakes or counterfeits.

Payment was hassle-free and done either by PayPal or by TT. To date, I've spent more than US$40,000 for the watches above. All were legit as they were serviced by local Singapore agents after receipt with the exception of the Zenith and Anonimo.

I know many people have fear or concerns about buying from eBay, but as I said earlier, check out the seller's ratings and take time to go through the list of items he's sold by looking out for other brand name watches and their value. Also check the ratings of the buyer for those items to see if they are bogus accounts or whether they've legitimately been purchasing many items (and the values) from different sellers on eBay.

At the end of day, it all depends on your appetite for risk, albeit a carefully calculated risk. I personally find it fun to shop on eBay and finding a bargain or a jewel in the rough is very interesting.

Don't flame me for the opinions above.

Comment

@jonolau

Sir, thank you for your wonderful advice..

I think i shall not buy from overseas and get from local shop..

anyone got lobang for more discount for Tag Heuer?

I am also thinking of 2nd hand ones.. is there anything i need to take note?

Comment

Originally posted by jonolau View Post
                    When it comes to buying brand new from overseas, it's okay to buy from physical shops. Virtual shops such as Authentic Watches are touch and go with very little avenue for recourse.

Buying from dealers or sellers on eBay are a little better as there is both buyer and seller protection from eBay. Over time, I've bought quite a number of watches from eBay sellers after checking out their ratings and history of items sold. So far I've had 100% satisfaction buying the following second-hand watches from eBay sellers located in the USA, Japan and Hong Kong:

Patek Philippe Aquanaut
                    Blancpain Complete Calendar
                    Breguet Type XX Aeronavale
                    JLC Squadra Hometime
                    Zenith El Primero
                    Tudor Tiger Chrono White
                    Tudor Tiger Chrono Red
                    Tudor Tiger Hydronaut
                    Anonimo Militare Crono
                    Omega Planet Ocean
                    Rado Diastar Original Diver's watch
                    Omega Speedmaster

All watches came in good condition, well-packed and sent by reputable couriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL with tracking numbers, usually arriving within 4-6 days after payment is made. Also no fakes or counterfeits.

Payment was hassle-free and done either by PayPal or by TT. To date, I've spent more than US$40,000 for the watches above. All were legit as they were serviced by local Singapore agents after receipt with the exception of the Zenith and Anonimo.

I know many people have fear or concerns about buying from eBay, but as I said earlier, check out the seller's ratings and take time to go through the list of items he's sold by looking out for other brand name watches and their value. Also check the ratings of the buyer for those items to see if they are bogus accounts or whether they've legitimately been purchasing many items (and the values) from different sellers on eBay.

At the end of day, it all depends on your appetite for risk, albeit a carefully calculated risk. I personally find it fun to shop on eBay and finding a bargain or a jewel in the rough is very interesting.

Don't flame me for the opinions above.
                    Bro, from your experiences above.. Can we get the full refund if the watch is fake (verify by experienced ppl or shop)? Cos I know some china fake watch comes with box and paper too...

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzo View Post
                      Bro, from your experiences above.. Can we get the full refund if the watch is fake (verify by experienced ppl or shop)? Cos I know some china fake watch comes with box and paper too...
                      Full refund from who? eBay seller? Probably yes if through paypal...but not full though...

From Authenticwatches.com? not likely for you to get a fake

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X