Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mont Blanc watch

Hi..

Hope to hear and share from you guys/ladies about mont blanc watch in terms of value, resale value, design, mechanism etc etc..

Hope to hear from all of you soon

Mont Blanc

Originally posted by jadsen_phang View Post
    Hi..

Hope to hear and share from you guys/ladies about mont blanc watch in terms of value, resale value, design, mechanism etc etc..

Hope to hear from all of you soon
    The designs are nice but I feel it tends to have some issues with value retainability. Even for the model with the Mont Blanc diamond mounted on the crown. Just Google the brand and compare the retail versus resale prices for a gauge. Maybe it has something to do with their level of branding and marketing. It has yet to pose a threat to Rolex in terms of resale value. Anyway the Mont Blanc brand is more famous for its pens and wallets primarily. Breaking into the horology arena successfully is never going to be guaranteed for any brand even if one were to launch a tourbillion model.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
    Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

I'm not too sure... Richemont owns Mont Blanc... and see what they did with Panerai. And they can definitely use their in-house watch brands to have a ready pool of watch expertise. So current MB watches may be undervalued now in terms of prices. I mean, I can't see their prices coming down any further than they are now.

From brand perspective, I have to agree with Taipan... They are the Rolex for pens. So I don't think Richemont would dilute the brand by turning it into a 'watch' brand. MB pen fans will flip!

And there is one problem when I look at MB watches, nice and wide selection, and I have no idea which to select if I am to make a purchase. So that's buying from looks alone. Well... nothing wrong with that though... but at this point, I think understanding the watch or collection is important for me as well.

Anyway... when buying a watch, forget about resale value. Buy the one that pull your heart strings...
      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

mont blanc watch got 2 range. normal "cheap" one and the high end villeret range.

"cheap" one normal ETA thingy. Many of them look nice and inexpensive in absolute price. True value hard to judge. Didn't see much around for resale.

high end villeret is inhouse after they purchased minerva. really high end. really uncommon. True value is for tow kay connoisseur to judge.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

MB

In other words, there are lower end and higher end MB watches. But neither one category is commonly traded in the watch forums. Maybe the higher end ones only get auctioned off by Sotheby's or Christie's. It really is a niche watch and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Perhaps its more sought after by fans of the MB brand to comlement their MB wardrobe of pens, cuff links, wallets, bags. So if you buy dun need to cry. Just be patient or pass them onto the next generation. Cos the original price may suffer when you try to quick sell it.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
          Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President from1861-65, who brought about the emancipation of slavery from 1809-1865).

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
          Watch your words, for they become actions.
          Watch your actions, for they become habits.
          Watch your habits, for they become character.
          Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X