Sinn 857

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinn 857

Like most German things, this limited edition (only 150 pieces) Sinn watch has a complicated and confused name, but that has no effect on it being a very cool watch. Sinn took an 856 UTC watch with PVD coated Tegimented steel (specially made steel that is extremely hard and scratch resistant), and made a couple of special modifications. It would first be good to know that Sinn watches are the preferred timepiece for most of Germany's hardcore police enforcement, military, and other "hardcore" agencies. This version is made in honor of the German Bundeskriminalamt - Sicherungsgruppe (SG), which is the Security Group of the German Federal Bureau of Investigation, also called BKA). While not an exact analog, this of this watch as being made for the German FBI, which is called the BKA.

Sinn added a cool looking emblem on the watch to signify the message of this watch. Pictured is a very Teutonic looking eagle with a German flag colored shield, and "SG," which stands for security group (as it would be in English that is). I am typically not a fan of placing such logos or emblems on watch faces, but I am willing to make an exception when it adds character to a watch. Further, Sinn actually has some credibility because a lot of people in the BKA actually wear Sinn watches. The red tones of the emblem carry over into the 24hour dial numbers, and makes for a nice effect.

Another aspect of this limited edition watch is the great looking black strap. Sinn always makes well-padded straps, and this is no exception. The strap over all makes the watch looks really good being a schwartz edition (which Sinn refers to all their PVD watches due to the black color). You'll agree the colors are nice. Lastly, Sinn place the crown on the left side of this watch in the limited edition. This helps by keeping the crown from getting damaged or digging into your hand during strenuous usage.

The Sinn 856 series itself is a nice watch even without the limited edition enhancements. You can rely on it being a rugged watch with many features to ensure longevity. Of course the Tegimented steel is an example of this, as it the internal humidity capturing capsule, 200 meter water depth resistance, and antimagnetic protection. Features of the automatic mechanical movement include a date window at the 4 o'clock position as well as the UTC (GMT) hand for a second timezone, in addition to the incredibly legible representation of time.

I like this watch ! Simple & sharp looking ! and because there were only 150 of them, each is sold out. I'd say it is worth the price to snatch up one of these unique Sinn watches.

This watch is based upon the Sinn 856 Schwarz model, and includes the following features:

* Case Diameter: 40mm
    * Case Thickness: 10.7mm
    * Dual time zone display activated through the crown
    * Black PVD case which is Tegimented case for scratch resistance
    * Copper sulphate capsule to diffuse and absorb humidity inside the case
    * Antimagnetic to 80,000 A/m

The differences between this watch and the Sinn 856 Schwarz are as follows:
    * The insignia of the BKA - SG is featured at 6
    * The crown has been moved to the left side of the case
    * The second time zone markings have been changed to red to match the insignia
    * The watch has been fitted with a black leather strap with red stitching
    * This model is limited to 150 pieces

Sand-blasted stainless steel case with black Tegiment PVD technology and solid back engraved with the serial number of the limited edition. Dial is matte black with Arabic numerals and offset date display at 4. The design and layout of this watch make it extremely easy to read in virtually all lighting conditions.

Overall I like this piece ! Only 3 complains is i wish it could be bigger(857) & the readings of the second timezone between 1000hrs-1400hrs is difficult due to the special crest which is so damn cool !!!! Lastly the hands of the second time indicator should be coated with luminous material too !

The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
    The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
    The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Dear all my silly mistakes title should be Sinn 856 bk/sg !
    Care to share your views "sinnful" people ???
    The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

i personally find this watch to have too busy a dial. Not really my type. Personally prefer the 857 thats why click on this thread

usually sinn limited eds (e.g U1 Tempus, U1 Black, EZM1, etc) are snapped up real fast. However, for this particular model, can still be found at ADs such as THG at Ion, Ngee Ann. Hence, suspect the demand isnt really that high.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

well it is the dial that makes it unique & different from the normal 856 line,but they should have make the crest abit smaller so that it does not affect the reading of the second timezone

857s is really nice but the bezel is abit thin thus not very proportional to the crystal but overall still a very mean looking piece of german equipment !

Comment

i think the watch looks great with a nato strap !!!!

military watch shouldn't be too big or it will become a scratch magnet !

40mm is pretty good ,too bad there isn't any bezel , i think it will makes the watch looks even better & with a bezel it will also solve the absence of the stopwatch fuction !

lastly i find the sinn watch tool well made & very useful compared to bergeon
          every watch collector should have 1 man !!!! very user friendly ! i kept it when i sold off my sinn 856 sg !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X