X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your views? Tag Heuer or Omega?

Hi all,

Seeking your kind opinion.

Would you prefer a Tag Heuer Calibre 16 Day-Date to Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean/Speedmaster?

Some considerations here :
    1. Omega has a higher resale/investment value than Tag.
    2. Omega uses in-house co-axial movement certified chronometer while Tag uses modified 7750 movement.
    3. Tag has a more stylish design and handsome looks.

Thanks!
    It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
    Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
    Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    Jimmy Dean

An earlier discussion here

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=13774
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Ok, thanks. I saw this.

I am looking for a brand new watch.

This is my first mechanical watch.

Also, budget is higher than $3.5k.
      It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
      Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
      Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
      Jimmy Dean

Comment

Get the one u like the most, heck care the other factors.

PS: Think above statement has been repeated for hundred times.

Comment

hi blingking,
          can I offer my v humble opinion...like I mentioned v humble...

the omega PO is the way to go...no consideration needed...
          for the same reasons u mentioned...btw I think the po looks more stylish, of cos this is rather subjective.
          Also, omega has a more rich history, v well made, the co-axial movement will save on servicing, also it's a bit more prestigious than a tag...

Comment

Omega PO in a heartbeat! It just looks better IMHO
            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
              Would you prefer a Tag Heuer Calibre 16 Day-Date to Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean/Speedmaster?

Some considerations here :
              1. Omega has a higher resale/investment value than Tag.
              2. Omega uses in-house co-axial movement certified chronometer while Tag uses modified 7750 movement.
              3. Tag has a more stylish design and handsome looks.
              if you can live without the date, a speedmaster professional is the way to go. prices will continue to go up.

IMO POs are overpriced, but they come with a date function.

the PO's co-ax movement IMO (again), is also NOT superior to the older (SMP) ETA-based movement.

if it indeed were, it would not be necessary to down-tune the beat rate. any watch that runs at a slower beat has a longer service interval.

the only thing that i'm happy about would be the freesprung balance - more reliable than an index.

if you're looking for a chrono/go-anywhere-do-anything-watch (the Speedmaster has a low WR rating), i would instead, look for a pre-loved SMP Chrono in SS or two tone (rare).

the titanium version won't last as long as the steel ones. the 7750 movement although "noisy", is a bullet proof workhorse when coupled with a 300M case.

(ETA owned by Swatch group, so the 7750 can be considered an in-house movement for omega)

otherwise as mentioned above, my vote goes to the moon watch!
              Last edited by taxico; 21-12-09, 02:03 PM. Reason: speedmaster pro - and nothing else!
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X