5001 movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5001 movement

whats the difference between the 51010 and 51011 movements for the Port Autos? say in accuracy, etc.

Originally posted by hurhur View Post
    whats the difference between the 51010 and 51011 movements for the Port Autos? say in accuracy, etc.
    daily use and daily wear.next to nothing noticeable.
    yes IWC did upgrade the Cal 5001 from 18000 to 21600 vph.

but if you put the watch on a watch timing machine, they both perform flawlessly. they both leave the factory adjusted to 5 positions and if you look at the balance/escapement wheel - its not 'mickey mouse' as you can see the screw balances and both use the breguet overcoil.

the differences are very technnical and do not make a difference to what you see on the face of your watch. a possible parallel example is Apple and Intel chips. the OS interface/what u see is the same. the internals are different....but it does not make a difference to the end user in the end....mac OS x looks the same on both machines.

the upgrade was mainly done for reliability and improvement over the already very good Cal 5000 base.
    there is a internal factory technical document and it outlines how the regulation is to be done for the different VPH movements of the Cal 5000.

hope this helps

regards

Comment

Bro.. you can also read up more details of the 5001 movement in my post in the IWC thread...

CLICK ME

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

the 51010 and 51011 are 21,600 vph movements while the older 50010 is 18000 vph.
        the obvious difference between 51010 and 51011 are the no of jewels. 44 for 51010 and 42 for 51011. so i was wondering if this impacts the watch in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hurhur View Post
          the 51010 and 51011 are 21,600 vph movements while the older 50010 is 18000 vph.
          the obvious difference between 51010 and 51011 are the no of jewels. 44 for 51010 and 42 for 51011. so i was wondering if this impacts the watch in anyway.
          OK i understand now.

A smaller modification also was done to the bearings of the barrel: instead of the rubies, IWC now uses beryllium bronze bearings there. Therefore, the new movements have two rubies less than the older movements.

Therefore, reference 5001, the Portuguese Automatic, has been made with three movements:

cal. 50010 => 2.5 Hertz movement, 44 rubies
          cal. 51010 => 3.0 Hertz movement, 44 rubies
          cal. 51011 => 3.0 Hertz movement, modified cogging, 42 rubies + 2 beryllium bronze bearings

no impact on daily use either

Comment

If I have a Portuguese Automatic with 44 jewwl, how can I tell if it is a 50010 or a 51010 ?

TIA

Comment

It is stated on the movement

Comment

Thanks for pointing out.

I saw it.

Any idea when the the start and end date of each cal. ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X