No announcement yet.

My German collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't own Steinhart. Except few email exchange with the owner Guenter Steinhart, I have no personal experience, however comments have been positive so far. Steinhart is quite popular among German WIS, main reason: cheap and reasonably good.

Steinhart has no long history in the watch industry. From what I read, pretty much one man show run by Guenter. There is rumours (probably more than rumours), that Grovana makes watches for Guenter. Grovana could make watches for private label company like Steinhart. Some of Grovana's own brand watches look very very similar to Steinhart watches (for Rolex homage).

More about Grovana
    http://www.grovana.ch/company_profile.htm

I have seen Steinhart watches at Anders' shop, build quality is nice, price very reasonable. I suggest you to go to Anders' shop to feel Steinhart/Archimede watches.

The to be launched Pilot Chrono (with V7750) is very hot item. Looks very nice for a price of <Euro800. It's a bargain

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index...&Sel_ID=18#159

Btw: the US company, called Debaufre = Steinhart. Due to name conflict in US, Steinhart has to find a new name in US.
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

steinhart watches

i have bought a LE steinhart nav-b, overall buying experience from mr gunter is good (dunno whether got the correct spelling)

quality of the watch is pretty good, at a reasonable price
      "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...
      the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind.
      If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." ALBERT EINSTEIN (1879-1955)

Comment

Bro. Hary!

I've got a BLUED hand pilot !

A humble Archimede H but i loved it

Comment

Originally posted by bubbfish View Post
          Bro. Hary!

I've got a BLUED hand pilot !

A humble Archimede H but i loved it
          Congrats, post pics please. Regards from the elder brother. Similar to your "Pilot H", but with different engine

[U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Here it is! Pilot MUST fly on blued hands, agree?

What u mean by different engine

Comment

Here it is! Pilot MUST fly on blued hands, agree?

What u mean by different engine
              Mine is called Pilot Original with vintage Junghans 687 movement.

Comment

Wow... how much money huh..., Bro?

Comment

Wow... how much money huh..., Bro?
                  around SGD 1K incl. shipping

Comment

Guys, may I know where do you guys service your watches since there is no dealer here in Sg? (except maybe IWC, SINN or STEINHART?)

Comment

pte independent watch shops like jw & passion. got many others. go find

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                        Here is the pic of the sibling

Bro Hary,

Please advise me. I am confused. I believe your stowa is LE rite? The antea on the website, some with COSC some without. Which one to get? I saw the antea creme, is this the one you mentioned that the creme is also nice or are all antea comes with creme and black face only????? And which one to get 365, 390,antea with date or antea creme? Please advise cos I am ordering for alex and kenny too. Thanks

Comment

Bro, mine is a LE, launched when Stowa celebrated their 80th anniversary. It uses German movement Durowe, 80 pieces (40 white, 40 black).

Usually all Antea comes with ETA. It's optional to upgrade the standard ETA 2824 to COSC movement for Euro 210.

If the COSC is not important to you (I personally dont care COSC or non COSC), then you can just choose the standard movement

Overview of Antea model:

1) Antea KS = size 35.5mm, comes with small sub dial for second hand, handwinding, no COSC option, movement ETA 2801 (I think so)
                          2) Antea 365 = size is 36.5mm, dial coated with silver, automatic with date (better decorated ETA 2824 with German silver rotor)
                          3) Antea 390 = size is 39mm, dial coated with silver, automatic with date (ETA 2824)
                          4) Antea creme = size is 39mm, creme dial. Cheaper than 390, using less decorated ETA 2824
                          5) Antea black = same engine as creme, just different dial color

Hope it summarizes the product offering for Antea.

Questions that u need to answer before purchase:

1) Can u accept small size below 39mm? If the answer is no, then only option Antea 390, Antea creme and Antea Black left
                          2) What is your preferred dial color: coated silver, creme or black. If your answer is black, then u have only one option left: Antea Black
                          3) If you cannot choose between coated silver and creme: Is better decorated movement important to you? If yes, ANtea390, if no: Antea creme

Let me know if you have any questions. Btw, good idea to bundle, as you guys can save Fedex costs

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                            Bro, mine is a LE, launched when Stowa celebrated their 80th anniversary. It uses German movement Durowe, 80 pieces (40 white, 40 black).

Usually all Antea comes with ETA. It's optional to upgrade the standard ETA 2824 to COSC movement for Euro 210.

If the COSC is not important to you (I personally dont care COSC or non COSC), then you can just choose the standard movement

Overview of Antea model:

1) Antea KS = size 35.5mm, comes with small sub dial for second hand, handwinding, no COSC option, movement ETA 2801 (I think so)
                            2) Antea 365 = size is 36.5mm, dial coated with silver, automatic with date (better decorated ETA 2824 with German silver rotor)
                            3) Antea 390 = size is 39mm, dial coated with silver, automatic with date (ETA 2824)
                            4) Antea creme = size is 39mm, creme dial. Cheaper than 390, using less decorated ETA 2824
                            5) Antea black = same engine as creme, just different dial color

Hope it summarizes the product offering for Antea.

Questions that u need to answer before purchase:

1) Can u accept small size below 39mm? If the answer is no, then only option Antea 390, Antea creme and Antea Black left
                            2) What is your preferred dial color: coated silver, creme or black. If your answer is black, then u have only one option left: Antea Black
                            3) If you cannot choose between coated silver and creme: Is better decorated movement important to you? If yes, ANtea390, if no: Antea creme

Let me know if you have any questions. Btw, good idea to bundle, as you guys can save Fedex costs
                            Thanks a miilion bro hary. You answered all my enquries. Got poisoned deeper.At least my wife is poisoned as well. Lunch on me next round

Comment

Hi Kafvyn

Nice meeting u today... hope to see your Stowa next time i see you...

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
                                Hi Kafvyn

Nice meeting u today... hope to see your Stowa next time i see you...
                                Nice meeting you too. The pleasure is mine. i hope so. It is available in june 2009.sigh..... wait so long

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X