Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KS Low View Post
    Hi Turboducky,

Nice collection! I am new to this forum. I just got my big pilot 500401 and is thinking of buying a pre owned IW320104 from a seller in Europe. Just wondering if I could take a peep at the real one from you in person. In return I will buy you coffee...
    Hi, not a problem; just let me know when. My office is at Great World City & do PM me as sometimes, I might miss the postings here.
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by vitaminX View Post
      Very enviable collection there!
      Hi Vit, thanks!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
      Alfa 33
      Alfa 147
      Alfa GT
      Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
      Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by michi0301 View Post
        hi bro turboducky, wats your tots on e ingenieur and e da vinci ??? seems like they are missing from your collection
        Hey Mich, I am not a fan of square watches, that's why I dont really like a Da Vinci. As for the Ingenieur, I have seen a few & to be honest, it doesnt speak to me as much as the Pilot or Portuguese series. I guess I have been fortunate enough to have owned most of the two series & my heart tinkles whenever I saw them for the first time. I hope one day, I could get my hands on the St Exupery Pilot chrono & that would complete 75% of that collection. The St Sxupery Big Pilot is too bad & expensive for me lah.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
        Alfa 33
        Alfa 147
        Alfa GT
        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Same here bro, big pilot and portuguese for sure, i like square watches too but e da vinci series is something i dont really understand. Have e chance of getting e DFB big ingenieur chrono right now, brand new, but most likely i wont pull e triggle ba. It is a very nice watch, but still it doesnt really call out to me

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
          Hey Mich, I am not a fan of square watches, that's why I dont really like a Da Vinci. As for the Ingenieur, I have seen a few & to be honest, it doesnt speak to me as much as the Pilot or Portuguese series. I guess I have been fortunate enough to have owned most of the two series & my heart tinkles whenever I saw them for the first time. I hope one day, I could get my hands on the St Exupery Pilot chrono & that would complete 75% of that collection. The St Sxupery Big Pilot is too bad & expensive for me lah.

Comment

Originally posted by michi0301 View Post
            Same here bro, big pilot and portuguese for sure, i like square watches too but e da vinci series is something i dont really understand. Have e chance of getting e DFB big ingenieur chrono right now, brand new, but most likely i wont pull e triggle ba. It is a very nice watch, but still it doesnt really call out to me
            I think I might get the Portuguese vintage winding, both my wife & I love it. It's quite a piece of art & the see they back is really stunning, just like the FA Jones winding, except at 44mm.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
            Alfa 33
            Alfa 147
            Alfa GT
            Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
            Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

lovely, i might juz get myself a FA Jones or Portuguese too for my next IWC

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
              I think I might get the Portuguese vintage winding, both my wife & I love it. It's quite a piece of art & the see they back is really stunning, just like the FA Jones winding, except at 44mm.

Comment

Great Collection

That is a nice nice collection.
                I am thinking for starting my first IWC.

Looking at BP SS at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shyan View Post
                  That is a nice nice collection.
                  I am thinking for starting my first IWC.

Looking at BP SS at the moment.
                  Welcome to the club, just try it on & see if it speaks to you. It's 47mm & might be too big for Asian wrists!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                  Alfa 33
                  Alfa 147
                  Alfa GT
                  Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                  Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Hi Turboducky,

Ive just graduated from uni and has just started work and IWC watches really captured my heart. After seeing your collection it just makes me wanna just slave to own one. The Portugese Automatic is one watch that i really would love to own.

I currently own a Tissot automatic watch (which is really out of the league as compared to IWC, hahahah) and i wanna know how i can one day own a Portugese Automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadim View Post
                      Hi Turboducky,

Ive just graduated from uni and has just started work and IWC watches really captured my heart. After seeing your collection it just makes me wanna just slave to own one. The Portugese Automatic is one watch that i really would love to own.

I currently own a Tissot automatic watch (which is really out of the league as compared to IWC, hahahah) and i wanna know how i can one day own a Portugese Automatic.
                      Hi Nadim, welcome to the jungle!!! Well, most of us didnt start off with an IWC, unless we have a rich daddy. Oh, I do know quite a few that started off with the IWC BigPilot & mommy-dearest was heartbroken cos her son couldnt tell the time properly so she went out to get him an AP!! Anyway, most regular Joes start off with a Swatch & I was rather fortunate as my 1st watch was a Raymond Weil quartz (S$180 I think), I bought it with my own money working in Furama Hotel as a bar-boy when I was 16! The second was an Adec quartz & I went thru NS with the bugger & even completed my Reservist with it & after 25 years, it's still running fine & without servicing!! Guess, that beats any fancy-pancy AP or IWC anytime har!!

Anyway, good luck Nadim, it's a new chapter in your life & I am sure you will be a proud owner of an IWC in no time. Well, you could always start off modestly with a Mark 16 & work your way to the top; this way, you will feel more attached to the watch as you bought it with your own flesh & blood money. It sure beats having mommy-dearest buying it off at the IWC boutique & wearing it on your 1st day at work!!

Note: buying my own watch with my own money while working in the dark alleys of Desker Road is just my personally choice, just that my own mommy didnt give in to me when I was crying louding & rolling on the floor inside the IWC boutique the other day!! Also, it doesnt mean that I detest or hate people with rich mommy-dearest & I, certainly, welcome any crumbs thrown towards my direction!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                      Alfa 33
                      Alfa 147
                      Alfa GT
                      Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                      Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Bro turboducky please do let me know if you know anyone or have any kangtais for a reasonably priced portuguese 7 days automatic black face. Still searching high and low :-)

Comment

Hey dude!! think we might have exchange a msg or 2 in some of the AR forum...
                          I'm a Brera owner...

i'm about to get my 1st IWC here, and was considering between these 2 :

1. IWC St Exupery UTC
                          2. IWC Pilot IWC VINTAGE 1936 MENS MECHANICAL

What's your say in these 2?
                          also, do u know anyone who might be letting go the above?

Comment

I'm new here. Happy New Year to everyone!

Very impressive collection. Not humble at all

Comment

Originally posted by frenzzsg View Post
                              Hey dude!! think we might have exchange a msg or 2 in some of the AR forum...
                              I'm a Brera owner...

i'm about to get my 1st IWC here, and was considering between these 2 :

1. IWC St Exupery UTC
                              2. IWC Pilot IWC VINTAGE 1936 MENS MECHANICAL

What's your say in these 2?
                              also, do u know anyone who might be letting go the above?

Wow, I like the Brera but my wife prefers the GT so I got the former 3.5yrs ago; this is my 4th Alfa Romeo & still such a heart stopping brand!! You know if I am to change my car in the future, Brera or the Spider will be my only choice...that is I could afford it!!

Hmmm.. both watches are very nice & historical, I would prefer the UTC cos of it's very limited production & it comes with a date & 2nd time zone. Also, I would prefer my watch to have the sweeping second hand to sub dial. Just my preference lah & you should buy the watch that speaks to you, if not, you will not enjoy the wrist time together. The other thing is the winding part; I have the vintage Portuguese & if you are not too lazy, winding could be quite a de-stressing experience!

It's just like buying an Alfa Romeo, it's all in the heart! Good luck, both watches are really very nice.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...iwc+st+exupery

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                              Alfa 33
                              Alfa 147
                              Alfa GT
                              Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                              Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by jijicat View Post
                                I'm new here. Happy New Year to everyone!

Very impressive collection. Not humble at all
                                Thanks Ji! And welcome to SGROC!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                                Alfa 33
                                Alfa 147
                                Alfa GT
                                Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                                Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse