My Humble Collection of IWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
    Wow, I like the Brera but my wife prefers the GT so I got the former 3.5yrs ago; this is my 4th Alfa Romeo & still such a heart stopping brand!! You know if I am to change my car in the future, Brera or the Spider will be my only choice...that is I could afford it!!

Hmmm.. both watches are very nice & historical, I would prefer the UTC cos of it's very limited production & it comes with a date & 2nd time zone. Also, I would prefer my watch to have the sweeping second hand to sub dial. Just my preference lah & you should buy the watch that speaks to you, if not, you will not enjoy the wrist time together. The other thing is the winding part; I have the vintage Portuguese & if you are not too lazy, winding could be quite a de-stressing experience!

It's just like buying an Alfa Romeo, it's all in the heart! Good luck, both watches are really very nice.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...iwc+st+exupery

You know only alfisti will compare buying a watch to buying a car..
    "Just buy the one that speaks to your heart!!!!" haha....

Comment

Originally posted by frenzzsg View Post
      You know only alfisti will compare buying a watch to buying a car..
      "Just buy the one that speaks to your heart!!!!" haha....
      Hahaha, not just a car but an Alfa Romeo; the rest are just machines that bring you around. BTW, I drive a GT & not Brera, but I hope one day I could own one or even the Spider!! Bloody yummY!
      I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
      Alfa 33
      Alfa 147
      Alfa GT
      Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
      Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Very nice and impressive collections

Comment

Originally posted by turboducky View Post
          Hahaha, not just a car but an Alfa Romeo; the rest are just machines that bring you around. BTW, I drive a GT & not Brera, but I hope one day I could own one or even the Spider!! Bloody yummY!
          Hey Alex, thx for being soooo patience with this newbie in IWC...
          Btw, a msg from Toey, he wants to say hi!!!
          Do drop my the alfa thread in mcf at times...

Oh ya, and Sherman says hi too...

Comment

You have a very nice collection, thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by frenzzsg View Post
              Hey Alex, thx for being soooo patience with this newbie in IWC...
              Btw, a msg from Toey, he wants to say hi!!!
              Do drop my the alfa thread in mcf at times...

Oh ya, and Sherman says hi too...
              Hey nice meeting you yesterday & that's one hell of an Alfa Romeo you got there! Wow, it has been so long since I met the Alfa guys & miss the trips to KL & beyond! Have fun with your new toy & drop me a text if you have any question.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
              Alfa 33
              Alfa 147
              Alfa GT
              Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
              Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                You have a very nice collection, thank you for sharing!
                Thanks Wind!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                Alfa 33
                Alfa 147
                Alfa GT
                Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Hi Turbo,

You are the man.....still as passionate as ever! Glad to see you here too and thx for the sms just now. I was searching for a Porsche Design 1992 IWC Chrono and while googling, I found you!! After reading most of the threads here, I grew to like the modern IWC too.....

Comment

Hi Turbo,

Great to see you here and thx for the sms this afternoon regarding IWC. I was actually googling for a 1992 Porsche Design IWC Chrono and somehow eventually led to this thread. As I read more of the IWC threads here, I begin to like the modern day IWC too. Actually, quite like the Spitfire too, besides the Pilot Chrono and Portuguese Chrono blue leather.

Anyway, nice collection you got there, cool liek your GT :-)

Comment

Originally posted by GV2009 View Post
                      Hi Turbo,

Great to see you here and thx for the sms this afternoon regarding IWC. I was actually googling for a 1992 Porsche Design IWC Chrono and somehow eventually led to this thread. As I read more of the IWC threads here, I begin to like the modern day IWC too. Actually, quite like the Spitfire too, besides the Pilot Chrono and Portuguese Chrono blue leather.

Anyway, nice collection you got there, cool liek your GT :-)
                      Hey, no worries man! Glad I could be of some help. Still, dont just take my word, do google it & I am sure you will find more on the net. Just text me if you have any questions.

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                      Alfa 33
                      Alfa 147
                      Alfa GT
                      Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                      Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Hi turboducky, really envy your collection, super nice!

Actually i have the whole of the IWC collection, complete. Only thing is it in hardcover.

Well, i went online to request for the catalogue, which they gladly sent it to me even though i never buy even a single screw from them.

I had always wanted to own a IWC, recently saw a Mark xvi splitfire for sale in the garage section for $3000. Its quite within my budget but i still undecided to buy or not, cos i am afriad i cannot wear to work as i might damage the watch when working ( i move around alot).

btw, do you have any idea what is the arga selling price for a new Mark XVI splitfire?

thanks in advance.

Comment

As some would say the iwc is a gentlemens watch. It is really a craving for many man. my recommendation for u is to get from hk it's really cheap there....I would say 3+k could possibly get you a brand new xvi there....if you need any advices on iwc u can pm me and I will try my best to help you with it

Comment

wah really envy your collection.....wanted a rolie...on second taught got poison with iwc...

Comment

Awesome collections you have. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chekky View Post
                                Hi turboducky, really envy your collection, super nice!

Actually i have the whole of the IWC collection, complete. Only thing is it in hardcover.

Well, i went online to request for the catalogue, which they gladly sent it to me even though i never buy even a single screw from them.

I had always wanted to own a IWC, recently saw a Mark xvi splitfire for sale in the garage section for $3000. Its quite within my budget but i still undecided to buy or not, cos i am afriad i cannot wear to work as i might damage the watch when working ( i move around alot).

btw, do you have any idea what is the arga selling price for a new Mark XVI splitfire?

thanks in advance.
                                Hey Chekky, sorry for the late reply; havent been in the IWC forum for a while. Hahahha, needn't envy me at all, my IWC collection took me years! Anyway, I think the Mark 16 is pretty cool, I dont have a big wrist & I want to wear sometime like the Big Pilot, so the 16 is my ideal watch during the weekend. However, it seems like a while since I saw any pre-owned on sale here. I guess S$3000 is a fair price to pay for the brand, I am saying the brand cos you could get a cheaper Pilot from Azimuth or Steinhart but then, they are not an International Watch Company! Just be careful when you wear the watch, no matter if it's an IWC or JLC, a knock will get you a heart attack! I think the Spitfire should be selling around S$4500 to S$5000, depending on the year of purchase. Good luck!

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                                Alfa 33
                                Alfa 147
                                Alfa GT
                                Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                                Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse