Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-house movement for Top Gun Double Chrono ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-house movement for Top Gun Double Chrono ?

Went to an AD recently to view the new Portuguese 7-days and ended up having a long discussion with the sales manager on the various movements made by IWC.

A claim that he made which I could not verify was that the movement in a double chrono top gun was an IWC in-house movement and not based/modified from the ETA.

Wonder any truth in this ?

Originally posted by alex168lim View Post
    Went to an AD recently to view the new Portuguese 7-days and ended up having a long discussion with the sales manager on the various movements made by IWC.

A claim that he made which I could not verify was that the movement in a double chrono top gun was an IWC in-house movement and not based/modified from the ETA.

Wonder any truth in this ?
    Quite a tough one but I did hear that it's a modified ETA or something on the Single Chrono, just like the pilot chrono, Spitfire chrono, Aquatimer chrono, St Exupery chrono. As it's a Double, then maybe it's in-house cos IWC made some Double chrono before, like the old Spitfire & Aquatimer.

Perhaps, the Older Birds could vertify.
    I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
    Alfa 33
    Alfa 147
    Alfa GT
    Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
    Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Modified ETA..

Comment

It's a modified ETA.

Comment

I am a fan of Top Gun Double Chrono. Had it not being some Panerais I would have pulled the trigger for the Double Chrono. I have some concerns. The price seem to have slided gradually over the past 12 months. RRP S$18,000. Private seller has been selling from S$15k to 12k (today) for new. Recently a pre-own piece was listed $10,800 .. I wonder what is the price equilibrium for this watch? Hope someone will share some insight..
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

i own the double chrono and had it for sale recently but withdrawn the sale as i cant part with it. I was then willing to let it go at SGD10500 give and take.

As i was trying to price this piece, i researched the net and found some internet site selling "New Old Stock" at around lows SGD12.5k to SGD13k plus, but 2008 stock sounds dubious to me and you have to factor in shippping/insurance/GST when it arrives.

anywhere between 10-11k would be a good price to pay for a <2 year piece but make sure the ceramic case is tip top. its a discontinued piece and one of a kind for IWC (other than the single chrono), if you see one at a good price, go for it, dont miss the boat just because of a couple hundred $$.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I think the 46mm Top Gun Chrono is a regular production piece. Unless you are referring to the smaller 1000 piece L.E w/o Top Gun
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

oh are they still producing the 46mm topgun? yes it was a regular production model, numbers i dont know, just thought it production ended.

Ah yes, the 44mm dopple is a LE of 1000pcs, commands a fair bit of premium and of course the Carlson is another story altogether. the dopple DFB (white face) is actually very good looking, disappeared as soon as it was released and headed straight to the secondary markets with a large premium.

Comment

IWC Calibre 79230 (base ETA 7750)

thus its a heavily modified ETA movement

Comment

Originally posted by klim View Post
                    oh are they still producing the 46mm topgun? yes it was a regular production model, numbers i dont know, just thought it production ended.

Ah yes, the 44mm dopple is a LE of 1000pcs, commands a fair bit of premium and of course the Carlson is another story altogether. the dopple DFB (white face) is actually very good looking, disappeared as soon as it was released and headed straight to the secondary markets with a large premium.
                    yes just saw the 46mm top gun in the stores a coupla weeks back.
                    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

single/double topgun back in production again. Saw quite a few in europe and was curious why (thought NOS), ADs said its back in regular production. Guess IWC cant say no to the demand and $$$

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X