Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double AR coating

Hi all,

I read that the AR coating on the outside of the crystal will get "scratched" or have stained"marks.

I am looking to buy a omega po/ iwc3717 (as a daily beater) so really need some advices.

So anyone actually has any issues/experience? Or what do you do with it? Does it scratched easily?

I don't mind dings n dents on my case/bracelet but i cannot get over a flawed crystal.

Thanks all!

the outer AR is bound to get scratch sooner or later, but usually not really visible unless at an angle.

the crystal itself is not "scratched," but just the coating.

if you don't like it, there are DIY methods for removing the coating.

but i can't stand the smudges...! i spent most of the time wiping the crystal... over... and over...
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

The AR coating is obviously more prone to scratches than the sapphire crystal, although it is also more scratch resistant than normal glass.

But nothing beats the double-coated AR to me, the crystal just seems to disappear at certain light and angle.

Comment

AR coating can scratch

But the scratch is the coating itself, the sapphire is tough and hard to scratch unless hit by a harder substance say Diamond. However Sapphire can shatter if you drop the watch or smach it at an angle at the edge.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X