Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cartier Only Can Get 10% off Max? Is that True?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartier Only Can Get 10% off Max? Is that True?

I called a couple of ADs enquiring about Cartier and they informed me that no matter if I pay in cash or credit card or with bananas I still can only receive 10% OFF retail price.

Is that true and universal across Singapore? If it's only 10%, I think that's horrible, it's even worse than buying a Rolex....
    Can anyone confirm this or give me some tips on where to go if you think there are some nice shops that do good discounts on Cartier watches?

Thanks guys.

If you want to buy a watch, you shouldn't be calling around asking for discounts...

Bring a suitcase full of cash, go to those ADs in person and look for the model you want, I am sure you can get more than 10%...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      If you want to buy a watch, you shouldn't be calling around asking for discounts...

Bring a suitcase full of cash, go to those ADs in person and look for the model you want, I am sure you can get more than 10%...
      I cannot agree more. I believe cartier sets the rule of only 10% discount, and if any dealer goes against it, and gets found out, then the dealership may be revoked. I heard that cartier has been rather strict lately over the abuse of discount rate. Hence, no AD dares to try their luck. And in your case, worse if the enquiry was merely over the phone!

Try walking into TAG Heuer boutiques (not ADs) and asked for discount more than 20%. See you can get or not.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I guess you guys are right, if Cartier is strict in discount and there might be consequences for generous ADs, I think ADs will never ever give anymore than that unless you are enquiring at the shop or at least if they know you.

So the best way is I'll just bring my piggy bank to AD and break it in front of them so they know I am serious and I have lots of coins to buy the watch.

I actually got quite nice discount for Tag from AD, but not from boutique. Initially we asked the best price from boutique and we almost bought the watch (we were innocent back then, didn't know that you don't get good deals from boutiques, haha) but luckily we shopped around and found an AD that could sell the same watch for much lower price.

If boutiques want to be strict on no discount, they should at least offer something else in return, because to be honest, most people will rather get discounts from ADs.

I visited an Omega boutique last time enquiring about Hour Vision watch, and although there was no discount, the sales person was very knowledgeable about watches and was very nice and helpful. He also said if we buy from boutique, we can receive lifetime complimentary watch polish every year. I know it's not much, but it's still something extra right?
        I think Cartier should also follow this strategy. Free lifetime watch polish for more expensive watches or something, or give us three additional spare straps.

Comment

See this thread

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=38091

Same problem ... guess Cartier is strict 10%..

Comment

Hi guys, was looking for cartier for my wife this month also got same issue. Here what i found.. Ladies santos 100 list price is around (i cant remember exactly) high 7K, after 10% is low 7K or around 7K, Cartier boutique in changi airport T3 transit area, less GST somemore, price is 6.3K (but no stock) , I just asked last week.

In the end, My brother went to UK and bought at heathrow airport for around 6K, primarily due to exchange rate difference. Therefore, now that Euro is cheap, buying in Europe is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by adar View Post
              I guess you guys are right, if Cartier is strict in discount and there might be consequences for generous ADs, I think ADs will never ever give anymore than that unless you are enquiring at the shop or at least if they know you.

So the best way is I'll just bring my piggy bank to AD and break it in front of them so they know I am serious and I have lots of coins to buy the watch.

I actually got quite nice discount for Tag from AD, but not from boutique. Initially we asked the best price from boutique and we almost bought the watch (we were innocent back then, didn't know that you don't get good deals from boutiques, haha) but luckily we shopped around and found an AD that could sell the same watch for much lower price.

If boutiques want to be strict on no discount, they should at least offer something else in return, because to be honest, most people will rather get discounts from ADs.

I visited an Omega boutique last time enquiring about Hour Vision watch, and although there was no discount, the sales person was very knowledgeable about watches and was very nice and helpful. He also said if we buy from boutique, we can receive lifetime complimentary watch polish every year. I know it's not much, but it's still something extra right?
              I think Cartier should also follow this strategy. Free lifetime watch polish for more expensive watches or something, or give us three additional spare straps.
              If I last remembered, the Omega Ion Boutique does give some freebies like bags and stuff. They didn't seem too friendly to me thou. Probably my terrible dressing.

Comment

Discount on watches are revised annually. Last few years my frd got a santos 100 less 20%. forgot the AD name.. Think shud be THG. No surprise discount structure is reduced to control the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by sdchew View Post
                  If I last remembered, the Omega Ion Boutique does give some freebies like bags and stuff. They didn't seem too friendly to me thou. Probably my terrible dressing.
                  Agreed too. They aren't too friendly most of the time I went there to browse but I think there might been some recent staff changes as they are starting to get more friendly. Then again, could be because I was wearing my BA GMT that day and it cost about 10k in their shop.

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                  Discount on watches are revised annually. Last few years my frd got a santos 100 less 20%. forgot the AD name.. Think shud be THG. No surprise discount structure is reduced to control the traffic.
                  Yeah discounts vary from brands to brand and from AD to AD. Best if you know someone at the AD or go with a regular. Anyway, I'll worry how much discount I can get on a PP when I can afford one.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X