Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iwc top gun: chipping of the ceramic case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iwc top gun: chipping of the ceramic case?

Hi all, how true is this? i think it only happen to accidental dings and bangs. I don't think it is so weak. Am I right or wrong ? Discuss?
    I own a Rolex !

I think it's possible. All ceramic are hard but once subject to some extreme knocks or drop, chipping does occur. Nothing is 100% foolproof.

Comment

yes possible but its going to take a real beating to get a chip/crack. imagine the same mishap happening to a SS case (which should result in bigger damage). however SS cases are cheaper to refurbish...

Comment

If that ceramic case cracks.. that would be a big problem! I read somewhere that it is full ceramic casing, not ceramic over SS..

Comment

Originally posted by hilbero View Post
          If that ceramic case cracks.. that would be a big problem! I read somewhere that it is full ceramic casing, not ceramic over SS..
          As i said, its tough to crack it, you need to manhandle daily, hell, even diamonds are not indestructible. if the unexpected happens, yup, you will need a new ceramic case. its quite extreme for ceramic, all or nothing. my double chrono topgun is still flawless and mint looking (touch wood)

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
            Hi all, how true is this? i think it only happen to accidental dings and bangs. I don't think it is so weak. Am I right or wrong ? Discuss?
            Yes, it's very strong but still, it has its Achilles heel too. If the unthinkable happened, then you will need to send it back to IWC for a replacement. I really doubt it could be repaired.
            I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
            Alfa 33
            Alfa 147
            Alfa GT
            Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
            Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse