Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qns on Tag Heuer Carrera calibre 5 movements

Hi all,

I understand that calibre 5 means ETA 2824-2 movements and from what i read there are three grades for it:

1) the Standard grade is adjusted in two positions with an average rate of +/-12 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;

2) the Elaborated grade is adjusted in three positions with an average rate of +/-7 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;

3) while the Top grade is adjusted in five positions with an average rate of +/-4 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-10 seconds/day.

Which grade does the calibre 5 used in Tag heuer carrera falls under?

I also read from that the ETA 2824-2 would wear off faster then the ETA 2892, how true is this? Thank you for sharing your opinions.

If i remember correctly, the calibre 5 is the standard grade of 2824-2....2824-2 and 2892 are equally great ETA movements...the differences between the two are the winding efficiency and the movement thickness...

ETA 2892 is touted to be the better movement due to the slimness and the winding efficency....

Both can be regulated within cosc standard...in fact the calibre 5 in my Tag Aquaracer is performing flawless within +4 sec per 24hours after some regulating from the service centre.
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thank you feilong108. Been thinking of getting one. Anyway, where is Tag heuer's service center in singapore?

Comment

250,North Bridge road #32-01/04, Raffles city tower

Comment

so far my Aquaracer is in the list of 'unflippable' watch...becoz it is a gift from my dad....suit my tiny wrist well and the lume is great in my opinion....and me dun go diving....desk diver...

Comment

Originally posted by uorme99 View Post
            Hi all,

I understand that calibre 5 means ETA 2824-2 movements and from what i read there are three grades for it:

1) the Standard grade is adjusted in two positions with an average rate of +/-12 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;

2) the Elaborated grade is adjusted in three positions with an average rate of +/-7 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-30 seconds/day;

3) while the Top grade is adjusted in five positions with an average rate of +/-4 seconds/day, with a maximum daily variation of +/-10 seconds/day.

I also read from that the ETA 2824-2 would wear off faster then the ETA 2892, how true is this? Thank you for sharing your opinions.
            My Monaco and Grand carerra are fitted with 2892 movement. Their accuracy are commendable.

The rotor movement is so smooth as compared with my Habring watch with the same movement.
            [COLOR="Red"]
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by uorme99 View Post
              Hi all,

I have asked the same question about the Calibre 16 (base ETA 7750) in other forums.

No one want to or knows the answer.
              It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
              Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
              Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
              Jimmy Dean

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X