Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Was it because of your Ball? Share your story leh bro
    I went there in afternoon with my ball skylab on . The shop was empty and the SA were joking and talking loudly . I entered to look from the left side of the shop to the back and to the right and lastly enter the "aquarium" . All this while the laughter from the SA from the right side of the shop could be heard from any where inside the shop .

By looking i mean closely examining all the display pieces . IWC/Graham/AP/PP/VC . All this while i was hawked upon by a SA who followed me throughout the shop . Even though i told him i was juz browsing around when he attended to me .

So fed up with the experience that i didn't even bother to ask any prices . The atmosphere was ruined by the wet market like chatter from the staff . Even though they spent so many millions on this flag ship store it totally piss me off . It's was a first and last time i will step into there .
    1675/16610/116234/78240
    Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
    Hublot BB ASF
    PAM 104J
    Sinn 903 H2
    Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
    U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
    If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Pls do share?

Hahaha...so far THG NAC is the only place I dun like that place
      THG NAC and vivo sincere service(certain SA only) is ok to me . Even if you have no intension of buying and request politely to see certain time pieces , they will not hesitate to show you .

THG NAC can even have a tray load of watches following me ard even i ask them to put it back to the display stand . They want me to sit down and slowly consider all the pieces on the tray and trying them on .
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
        By looking i mean closely examining all the display pieces . IWC/Graham/AP/PP/VC . All this while i was hawked upon by a SA who followed me throughout the shop . Even though i told him i was juz browsing around when he attended to me .
        I guess the way the SAs attend to a potential buyer plays an important role here. In this case, obviously the SA was either over-enthusiastic or too inexperienced. And yes, sometimes a tailing SA does cause more nuisance then appears to be helpful

A smart and experienced SA will stand one corner, far enough from the potential client, observed, and moved up to offer advice only when he/she notices that the client is keen in a particular piece
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

"aquarium"
          been there once ( last july i think ), nice deco... was looking at corum.

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
          Coming back, pet was wearing the fireman nt lah. he's like a ball spokesman in this forum. everywhere he goes, he can't fail to promote his balls
          KNS, hahhaa....was hoping to promote my balls to gals leh ... can help empty the content inside ... hahahhaa
          me not spokesman lah... i not really into it, just like eg. NT cos it suit my purpose, thn hor at night, zz tht time can keep looking at it to get myself hypnotize .. hahhaa... i think value for $$ loh, not many 43mm hv it's function.... hehee...ball also not the only brand i hv alot ... hehee

Comment

I went there in afternoon with my ball skylab on . The shop was empty and the SA were joking and talking loudly . I entered to look from the left side of the shop to the back and to the right and lastly enter the "aquarium" . All this while the laughter from the SA from the right side of the shop could be heard from any where inside the shop .

So fed up with the experience that i didn't even bother to ask any prices . The atmosphere was ruined by the wet market like chatter from the staff . Even though they spent so many millions on this flag ship store it totally piss me off . It's was a first and last time i will step into there .
            some staff of Cortina Paragon indeed is not very customer friendly and not very approachable. Agree also of some SA from Vivo Sincere not good....

i also don't like to go Yafriro...dun like the sales manager (see how you dress...and i always wear damn lok kok..those see people no up kind..like sure u can afford kind or not)....that's why i don't own any watches that Yafriro sells....even though they've some interesting avant garde watches like Hautlence, B&R, Jacob & Co, Parmi and etc...

Cheers

James
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Have similar experience at Cortina too, a number of their SA quite bengs, sengs and lian, esp. Raffles City branch. Not healthy to our tourism industry.

Comment

• bonous coming liao those sales might turn ' on ' abit?

Comment

• Originally posted by skydude View Post
                  bonous coming liao those sales might turn ' on ' abit?
                  Now it seems Sg luxury watch biz is booming . Dun think they care .

BREAKING NEWS: SWISS WATCHES EXPORT TO SINGAPORE UP 53.4% IN JANUARY 2008 on a YEAR ON YEAR BASIS. ACCELERATED UPSWING DESPITE UNFAVOURABLE BASE EFFECT
                  SOURCE: Federation Of Swiss Watch Exporters 21 Feb 2008

Swiss watchmaking in January 2008
                  Impressive start to the year

As forecast, 2008 has begun at a very high level for Swiss watch exports. Following a year of exceptional performance, the trend accelerated further in January. Swiss watch manufacturers exported the equivalent of 1.211 billion francs in one month, an increase of 23.4% compared to January 2007, despite an unfavourable base effect.

Exports of wristwatches showed an even stronger upswing. All materials contributed to this result. The number of timepieces also increased, by 7.4%, resulting in 160,000 more units leaving Switzerland than one year earlier. Steel, other metals and the category of other materials featured strongly in this growth. Bimetallic timepieces recorded the highest increase.

All price segments fared well in January, particularly higher priced products. The category of wristwatches costing more than 3,000 francs (export price) stood out clearly from the rest, recording an increase of nearly 40% by value and almost 45% by volume. Other products saw their value increase by 11.7% on average and their volumes by 6.3%.
                  With another strong performance,

Hong Kong was the largest market for watch exports in January. A monthly increase in two digits enabled the United States to stabilise its growth following a slight slowdown at the end of 2007. Japan recorded a good result after six consecutive months of decline. The Asian markets of China and Singapore in particular made the strongest gains, putting them on a par with the main European markets.
                  1675/16610/116234/78240
                  Hublot BB ASF
                  PAM 104J
                  Sinn 903 H2
                  Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

• Hi All,

Had an experience with cortina millenia walk sometime ago. Ball was having a roadshow sponsored by Cortina that time. I was looking for a Fireman NT for wifey. An unexperienced SA attended to me but I do not mind since he was very nice to me. Even take out a few peices for me to hold and try. Other senior SA was staring at my dressing. Of course I dressed casually but may look like no $$$ kind of guy

After bargaining, managed to get at S$1400 with freebies. Of course, roadshow should have freebies,right? I got the ball swiss knife from the nice SA who attended to me. Even though he is quite inexperienced(new) but I like the politeness and willingness to entertain me. One of the senior SA approached me (beng like) to tell me that they can make extra hole on the leather strap but it will not be as straight as the rest. WTF? You call yourself
                    senior SA with no experience in punching a hole? Oh please...

Anyway, it did came out nice though. After he saw my Pam104 on my wrist(accidentally) came out from the long sleeve sweater, he started to talk nicely to me introducing other high end watches like breitling and so on... I said thanks to them and grab my things and walk out of the store. Other SA was busy chatting away when I walked out of the store. I think that will be the last watch buying from the shop.

Regards,
                    Jay
                    PAM 104J (SOLD)
                    Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
                    Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
                    Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
                    Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
                    RXW MM20

Comment

• Originally posted by icemangrafx View Post
                      Hi All,

Had an experience with cortina millenia walk sometime ago. Ball was having a roadshow sponsored by Cortina that time. I was looking for a Fireman NT for wifey. An unexperienced SA attended to me but I do not mind since he was very nice to me. Even take out a few peices for me to hold and try. Other senior SA was staring at my dressing. Of course I dressed casually but may look like no $$$ kind of guy

After bargaining, managed to get at S$1400 with freebies. Of course, roadshow should have freebies,right? I got the ball swiss knife from the nice SA who attended to me. Even though he is quite inexperienced(new) but I like the politeness and willingness to entertain me. One of the senior SA approached me (beng like) to tell me that they can make extra hole on the leather strap but it will not be as straight as the rest. WTF? You call yourself
                      senior SA with no experience in punching a hole? Oh please...

Anyway, it did came out nice though. After he saw my Pam104 on my wrist(accidentally) came out from the long sleeve sweater, he started to talk nicely to me introducing other high end watches like breitling and so on... I said thanks to them and grab my things and walk out of the store. Other SA was busy chatting away when I walked out of the store. I think that will be the last watch buying from the shop.

Regards,
                      Jay

Yes. Some SAs in AD like to assess their potential clients' wealth by looking at what they wear. So if you're thinking of walking into an AD, it may be good to dress up a bit and wear a more prestigious watch in.

At least, they know you owned a good watch, so will know something about watches. Their service attitude will be different and more professional I believe

Comment

Yes. Some SAs in AD like to assess their potential clients' wealth by looking at what they wear. So if you're thinking of walking into an AD, it may be good to dress up a bit and wear a more prestigious watch in.

At least, they know you owned a good watch, so will know something about watches. Their service attitude will be different and more professional I believe
                        Hi Minusplus,

I believe that is true. Nevertheless, any customer who walks into AD is a potential customer no matter how they dress. Why have double standard? Ang moh in bermudas and sandal walks into the shop, the SA will entertain them like nobody's business. Busy taking in/out watches from the display for them to view while we local(potential buyers) seldom being treated this way. After they taking in/out so many watches, ang moh went off without buying any, they "lan lan" keep quiet. When we ask them to take out some pieces, they kao be kao bu! You get what I mean...?

Regards,
                        Jay
                        PAM 104J (SOLD)
                        Omega Speedmaster 3513.50.00
                        Omega Speedmaster 3520.53.00 (Triple Day-Date)
                        Ball engr. Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE DT1026A-SAJ-BK
                        Ball Fireman Night Train NM1092C-L1B-BK (SOLD)
                        RXW MM20

Comment

• Originally posted by icemangrafx View Post
                          Hi Minusplus,

I believe that is true. Nevertheless, any customer who walks into AD is a potential customer no matter how they dress. Why have double standard? Ang moh in bermudas and sandal walks into the shop, the SA will entertain them like nobody's business. Busy taking in/out watches from the display for them to view while we local(potential buyers) seldom being treated this way. After they taking in/out so many watches, ang moh went off without buying any, they "lan lan" keep quiet. When we ask them to take out some pieces, they kao be kao bu! You get what I mean...?

Regards,
                          Jay
                          Haha. Bro, I get what you mean. I am equally disgusted by how unprofessional and discriminating local ADs can be. Normally when I encounter this kind of service attitudes, I will give the SA a goof f face to face and if it's serious, I'll ask to see the supervisor.

Comment

• hmmm... dunno leh, i never really notice SA standard leh... cos i also boh standard ... hahahahhaa

i dont really expect SA to serve me... dont really window shop... usually intention to buy thn i pop in, get the pc i wnt, chabot leow... with wife than abit more problem, kanna stuck there for couple of hours.

so i cant really grade their service...

Comment

Haha. Bro, I get what you mean. I am equally disgusted by how unprofessional and diatscriminating local ADs can be. Normally when I encounter this kind of service titudes, I will give the SA a goof f face to face and if it's serious, I'll ask to see the supervisor.
                              No need see supervisor lar ,

They give me bad service i give them "compliment letter" through Email .

Such compliment letter i sent afew liaoz .

I did that so SG service std can improve and maybe the management will send them or the whole team at the outlet for customer service brushing up course .
                              1675/16610/116234/78240
                              Hublot BB ASF
                              PAM 104J
                              Sinn 903 H2
                              Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

• guys, is it true that there will be a price hike on Ball watches in April?? read from another forum that it will be like a 15% mark-up . Any truth in this??
                                HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                                REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X