No announcement yet.

Leather strap on my Sinn 356 strinked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather strap on my Sinn 356 strinked?

Dear Bros,

I took out my sinn 356 from the drawer yesterday and found that the sinn leather strap had actually strinked by an mm and the spring bar can be seen from the lugs. Bought the leather strap @ $120 from Hour Glass back in dec 2006 and was lightly used so I dun understand why the strap can strink up of 1 mm?

Took out the straps and noticed that the springbars are actually curved. I believed that they were installed purposely because I tried a straight spring bar and the thick (6mm) leather strap touches the watch casing. How can I get this type of curved spring bars from singapore? Mine was a super thick kind of spring bar which looks kinda of high quality. Will spring bars spoilt over time assuming if I dun change the straps often?

Spring bars to spoil over time is highly unlikely, since it is under normal usage. I believe different watches have different curve angles so unless you buy it original for that particular model, you may have to customise a pair/set. I am not sure if the local watch shops can customise spring bars but it is worth the try. You may want to approach the various strapmakers too.

Try gnomon watches for a start

Good luck
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bro,

I will try to protect this set of spring bars properly. But I can use straight pins too if I opt for thin straps. But I dunno whether it will look well especially when the 356 comes with a thick casing..

But have u enounter any leather strap strinking near the lug ends? until you can see the spring bar inside. But I never got this particular strap wet before so I dunno why it strink so easily?

Comment

This, I cannot answer you because I have no material knowledge. You may want to contact ten10, whom I think, should be able to response correctly.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Dun fret Bro Leslie,

Your strap didnt shrink at all! The spring bars, as mentioned by Ocean, is actually curved according to the curvature of your watch case. So when the spring bars curve more, the ends could be seen more obviously becuz the strap will follow the curve.

My best advice is to get back to the AD to get the spring bars fixed or better still a new set.

just my 2cents lah!
          Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
          • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
          • Montre de MarQue
          • Etoile D'Or
          • Hotel Indonesia
          • Glory Time
          • The Watch-Collector
          • Time Palace
          • The Swiss Connection
          • M Baker
          • Maurice Lacroix
          • Time Marques
          • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

I agree. Most likely by replacing the spring bar it will solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
              Dun fret Bro Leslie,

Your strap didnt shrink at all! The spring bars, as mentioned by Ocean, is actually curved according to the curvature of your watch case. So when the spring bars curve more, the ends could be seen more obviously becuz the strap will follow the curve.

My best advice is to get back to the AD to get the spring bars fixed or better still a new set.

just my 2cents lah!

Hi Bro Ten and Wenda,

Actually I also kept 2 sinn original straight spring bars and I've tried those before..The problem is those thick straps touching the casing when used with straight spring bars..I guess the watch is design such a way that the lugs are very short..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X