Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st IWC....Aquatimer 2000.. Worth The Cost Or OverPriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st IWC....Aquatimer 2000.. Worth The Cost Or OverPriced?

hey guys i went around looking for iwc aquatimer..really like the design ..the price i got is around 5.7 to 5.8.. retail is 6.8

but i was thinking is it overpriced? i dont dive so the lvl of water resistance n lume would not be very necessary for me..

but on the other hand , i love the design

wad do u guys think? is it a good buy n should i make the plunge?

i think its possible to get more discount. try asking your friends who have good contacts with the ad's you should be able to get more.
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

hmmm even if i m able to lower to 5.5, is it worth the price? lot of ppl i ask told me i m better off buying other brands

Comment

Originally posted by dexter86 View Post
        hmmm even if i m able to lower to 5.5, is it worth the price? lot of ppl i ask told me i m better off buying other brands
        hmm just curious, then wat do u feel is worth the price of 5.5k?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          hmm just curious, then wat do u feel is worth the price of 5.5k?
          not sure everybody is telling me to save up for a rolex or at least iwc trademark pilot watches.. but i do not want to exceed my budget of 5-6

Comment

firstly, what's your budget?

secondly, are you intending to resell the watch?

Do you mind that the watch is not an in-house movement? The aquatimer is using a modified eta movement.

Do you like rolex? have you tried the rolex you intend to get instead of the IWC? If so, how do you 'feel'? is the rolex you are advised to get a good representation of you? Which one makes you feel more 'you'? so what if you get a higher value watch but you can't pull off the look as well as you would with the IWC? Just my take. For me, I feel that its more important that you listen to yourself and your heart rather than what your friends tell you. you're the one PAYING for the watch and wearing it. Does it make sense to you to buy a watch that someone else likes but not you? think carefully. you are the best judge of the vallue of the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post

Do you mind that the watch is not an in-house movement? The aquatimer is using a modified eta movement.

Do you like rolex? have you tried the rolex you intend to get instead of the IWC? If so, how do you 'feel'? is the rolex you are advised to get a good representation of you? Which one makes you feel more 'you'? so what if you get a higher value watch but you can't pull off the look as well as you would with the IWC? Just my take. For me, I feel that its more important that you listen to yourself and your heart rather than what your friends tell you. you're the one PAYING for the watch and wearing it. Does it make sense to you to buy a watch that someone else likes but not you? think carefully. you are the best judge of the vallue of the watch.
              my budget is 5-6k ...my intention is to wear this watch...basically i got my 1st bonus n i wanted to buy something to reward myself

i m partial to rolex, do not really desire to have rolex, though rolex models i like r beyod my budget like sub n mila..

i do not mind a not in-house movement as long as the movemnt in the watch i bought is reliable..

btw their modified eta movement is better than the main eta movement? if its the same then i dont see the need to spent so much o that watch.

basically i would like to hear from those who have experience with this model if any:P

i went to a local AD n tried the aquatimer on, feel it suits me.

Comment

my budget is 5-6k ...my intention is to wear this watch...basically i got my 1st bonus n i wanted to buy something to reward myself

i m partial to rolex, do not really desire to have rolex, though rolex models i like r beyod my budget like sub n mila..

i do not mind a not in-house movement as long as the movemnt in the watch i bought is reliable..

btw their modified eta movement is better than the main eta movement? if its the same then i dont see the need to spent so much o that watch.

basically i would like to hear from those who have experience with this model if any:P

i went to a local AD n tried the aquatimer on, feel it suits me.
                Well, seems like you have the answer already.

I do not have the aquatimer. the closest I have is the pilot chrono which runs on a modified eta/ valjoux. what I noticed is that the power reserve is a coupla hours longer than my tag chrono and baume and mercier chrono. also, the valjoux wobble is more subtle as well.

I look at modified eta this way - kinda like a suped up wrx. hope this and the PM helped.

Comment

btw this is my wrist shot when i tried it on

lugs stick out a little but since lugs curved in , i felt it was ok

wad do u guys think? too big for me? i have 6.25 wrist i think

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Hi Bro,
                    Well said.
                    I bought Kamit (Rolex green sub LV) because everyone told me so as I started my life long journey of fine watches.

The reason they gave me was good: Just buy Rolex sports model as resale value higher; I still can fetch good resale value back in the event I decided to sell. Hey, I am in the mist of selling my Kamit and I am not badly slashed.

BTW, it's funny to buy a watch by the head and not from the heart.
                    Bought it in July, I wore it 3 times only and don't even take a second look from the safe.
                    I am more excited about Panerai. Ball and Omega are my daily beaters.

Yes, I agree totally with 1 bro, who had said that all luxury are overpriced.
                    Frankly, life is short and unpredictable; It might be a lot wiser to just buy from your heart than to regret or to leave it in the safe.
                    My humble beginning:
                    Ball - Conductor (SE), Rolex - Green Sub LV (Alpha-numeric series), Omega - PO XL & Pam - 351 (M-series)

Dream watch:
                    It is a tough choice between IWC IW500114 and IW500109.
                    [url]http://www.iwcportugieser.com/en/[/url]
                    [url]http://www.iwc.com/en-us/collection/portuguese/IW5001/[/url]

Comment

not sure everybody is telling me to save up for a rolex or at least iwc trademark pilot watches.. but i do not want to exceed my budget of 5-6
                      Not sure if I'd missed something.... but budget of 5-6 is able to get the basic iwc pilot already (not sure what you meant by trademark).

Comment

Originally posted by Ballwatch View Post
                        Not sure if I'd missed something.... but budget of 5-6 is able to get the basic iwc pilot already (not sure what you meant by trademark).
                        I could be wrong but I think he was referring to the BP. Just my guess.

Comment

Aquatimer.....very eye catching.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think he was referring to the BP. Just my guess.
                            yeah trade mark watches like BP, port , but though they look fantastic, they r way above my budget

Comment

hey guys i tried on the aquatimer today, do help me see if its too big...my personal opinion when seeing in person, looks just nice though on the big side...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X