Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most sought after?

Hi guys,

I'm a noob here in this forum, and i must say, you guys are a very informative and friendly lot! Feels very at home here. Ok here's the question, i'm particularly interested in owning a Sinn one day, and i noticed there's a lot of trading going on the net. I was wondering, which are the Sinn models that are the most sought after right now? Is it a trend that everyone here in SG wants to own a Sinn? Is that why the prices are going up? What's your opinion guys?

From my observation, there are quite a number of Sinn owners here in this forum, but I don't think Sinn is among the hottest brands in this forum or in SG.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

If you have observed thorough enough, you will not ask those questions you've asked. The more popular among the various models is the U series in Singapore. I can't speak for the international market though. The other models are not very much sought after. I do visit various Hour Glass outlets occasionally and most of the time, I observed that the Sinn watches often remain in their showcases for quite a while, certain models, that is. There is no such a trend, as much as I know, that everyone in Singapore wants to own a Sinn

As for prices going up? When was the last price increase for Sinn watches?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        If you have observed thorough enough, you will not ask those questions you've asked. The more popular among the various models is the U series in Singapore. I can't speak for the international market though. The other models are not very much sought after. I do visit various Hour Glass outlets occasionally and most of the time, I observed that the Sinn watches often remain in their showcases for quite a while, certain models, that is. There is no such a trend, as much as I know, that everyone in Singapore wants to own a Sinn

As for prices going up? When was the last price increase for Sinn watches?
        Hi,

Yup, i'm still doing my homework and i found out that each year the prices are going up. They last raised the price, if i'm not mistaken, was in the last quarter of last year. I guess its just a case of 'supply and demand'.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          From my observation, there are quite a number of Sinn owners here in this forum, but I don't think Sinn is among the hottest brands in this forum or in SG.
          Hi Pegasi,

I'm just seeing a lot of Pam, Rolex and IWC recently, but their prices kinda put me off a bit. Are they the ones sought after here and everywhere?

Comment

If I interpret "sought after" as "popular", I would say Rolex, PAM, and Omega. IWC is also somewhat popular in this forum, but like AP has not reached the mass market yet.

No statistics to support my above claim, just my observation/gut feel
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

i think like most luxury brands.... pricing hiking is common to keep up with their 'premium & oh so exclusive' image / branding...

Sinn is considered cheap and less common than tag or omega...design wise is subjective....though it took me 3 years before deciding on a Sinn U1 SDR...
              Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
              Tag Heuer Formula 1
              Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
              Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
              Rolex GMT II 16710
              Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Hihi. Haha considering what Evets has said then I must be an admirer of cheap watches(I've so far purchased 5 pieces from this brand) . Anyhow I am guessing that the TS Pulsar has just decided to seriously look into watches. Technically I would advise that you look at what you want the watch to do for you, what's the balance between practicality and prestige etc.

A good amount of the lads I know do own either a Sinn U1, U2 , EZM 1, Sinn Navitimer, I would suggest that you do a little reading into the history and direction of the watch houses that interests you and see which you relate to the best. The price range/annual production will denote how much of a 'mass market' the watch house will have with reference to the social class climate in the country or region.

Sinn is a technology based company headed by an ex engineer from Lange , IWC etc.

Comment

Hi lads,

Thanks for the input so far. And like theOrion said, yup, i kinda like seriously looking into watches these days.
                  And yea, the prices do play a part as the most expensive watch that i've ever owned is a $600 Seiko.
                  Its a big jump if i were to purchase a watch from the 'luxury' or established brands, but then again
                  i still have to wait before more homework are being done.

Comment

Sinn is considered a "value for money" lower price bracket luxury watch.

With the amount of "watch" packed into the price. Can't go too wrong.

You can loss 2k on a 6k watch, but not a 2k watch.

Many have started with a few hundred watch.
                    Then few k watch. And in time reach the 10k barrier.

Welcome to the poisonous hobby.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Certain Sinn watches (e.g. regular U1) offer excellent value-for-money IMHO.

Personally, my favourite Sinn had been the EZM-1 with Lemania 5100 movements ... That doesn't come by too often these days though ...
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                        If I interpret "sought after" as "popular", I would say Rolex, PAM, and Omega. IWC is also somewhat popular in this forum, but like AP has not reached the mass market yet.

No statistics to support my above claim, just my observation/gut feel
                        AP is not for the mass market...30k for a simple AP..how many ppl are willing to spurgle on that ..
                        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                        Tag Heuer Formula 1
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                        Rolex GMT II 16710
                        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

I agree. Most popular in Singapore will be the U series. I call it a "poor man" version of Porsche Design IWC Ocean 2000.

Comment

Hmzz the IWC Ocean 2000. Is very much a different proposition , buyers of both the watches are motivated by a completely different set of preferences besides it being an object of one's fancy.

Comment

The EZM 1 is a nice watch , have let it slide twice so far. Just can't seem to trigger on a chrono that doesn't really work like one for the lack of a better description, that's why I bought the 142 D1 with the 5100 instead.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X