Buying watch online, warranty issues and bracelet adjustment in Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying watch online, warranty issues and bracelet adjustment in Singapore

A reputable US online retailer is selling a JLC I'm interested in for substantially cheaper (up to S$1.5K) compared to buying it locally. As the online retailer is not an authorised dealer, the manufacturer will not honor a warranty on a watch bought from them. However, the retailer will offer a two-year warranty (the catch is you have to send the watch back to them, which I am unlikely to do).

I am considering taking the plunge and ordering from them, would like to know the following:

- If there are issues with the watch, can I still send it to a local authorised repair shop to fix it? I understand I will need to pay, of course.

- Considering that I will need to change the bracelet size after delivery is made, can I walk into a local shop and request them to help change the link? How much are charges, if any?

TIA!

Hi,

I have considered this route too and think that it is too risky especially if it is a luxury watch like JLC. If the watch has any issues, it will be too difficult to send back to them to recify unless the local service centre accepts it. I think for cheap watches, it's ok to take the risk but for expensive watches, better to just ask a friend or one of the bros there to help you buy from an overseas AD.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X