Laco Pilot Watches Unauthorised Selling in Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laco Pilot Watches Unauthorised Selling in Singapore

There has been some recent activities of parallel imports of Laco Pilot watches selling into Singapore at lower then market price locally. Just want all to take note that these watches will not be warranty covered by local distributor. They may or may not be the originals. Any problems, the buyer need to send back to Germany on their own expenses.
    Interested buyers may get a simlar price, or just slightly higher, after discount if you are buying from local sources with local warranty coverage for 2 years. Why take the risk, its 24 months of coverage? The Authorised Laco Distributor is one of the site sponsors and can be found in the moving advertisment within SG-ROC site. Just a click away.
    german pilot watch lover ...

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
    There has been some recent activities of parallel imports of Laco Pilot watches selling into Singapore at lower then market price locally. Just want all to take note that these watches will not be warranty covered by local distributor. They may or may not be the originals. Any problems, the buyer need to send back to Germany on their own expenses.
    Interested buyers may get a simlar price, or just slightly higher, after discount if you are buying from local sources with local warranty coverage for 2 years. Why take the risk, its 24 months of coverage? The Authorised Laco Distributor is one of the site sponsors and can be found in the moving advertisment within SG-ROC site. Just a click away.
    And you are the " The Authorised Laco Distributor " I'm guessing..... ?
    ROLEX.

Comment

Peter, your post seems to imply that Timekeeper is the only local AD for Laco. Is Monster Time not an authorized dealer of Laco as they claim on their website? If they are, I think your post is misleading.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Apparently, Laco's website allows us to buy direct from them.

https://shop.laco.de/en/Order-flow-a...line-shop.html

Would buying online from Laco be considered "unauthorised" and therefore, if there's anything wrong with the watch, it can't be sent to the authorised dealer in Singapore?

Comment

Yes. We have 2 Authorised Retailers in Singapore where customers can buy Laco watches from. They are Monster Time located in Far East Plaza and Gnomon located in Shaw Tower.

Comment

Yes The Timekeeper is the ONLY Authorised Distributor for Laco in Singapore. Monster Time and Gnomon are our Authorised Dealers/Retailers.
            I believe you mis-understood the relationship of a Distributor and Dealer/Retailer. The Authorised Distributor is appointed by Laco Directly and works with Laco directly too. An Authorised Laco Dealer / Retailers works with the Authorised Distributor to sell Laco to the local market.
            Make no mistakes about Laco watches, they are reliable timepieces. But warranty cover is still important for every new watch for each customer.

Comment

Yes Laco has an online shop and I will not term them as unauthorised to sell their own products?? as they are open to everyone in the world over the internet, not targeted at a certain market. They are the manufacturer and here to set the bench mark. The objective is to sell to countries where an Authorised Distributor or Retailers are not available. For countries that are represented, the preffered way would be to buy from local authorised sources.

On the services, you are right. If the watches do not bear any reference that they were purchased from an local authorised source, it will not be serviced, or service rendered at a cost even during its warranty period. The owner have to send the watch back to Laco by themselves or have the local authorised delaers to assist at a cost.

This applies to many other brands that customers buy directly over internet from countries including Germany, US and etc. Although watches are usually reliable mechanics, its still buying at their own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
                Yes The Timekeeper is the ONLY Authorised Distributor for Laco in Singapore. Monster Time and Gnomon are our Authorised Dealers/Retailers.
                I believe you mis-understood the relationship of a Distributor and Dealer/Retailer. The Authorised Distributor is appointed by Laco Directly and works with Laco directly too. An Authorised Laco Dealer / Retailers works with the Authorised Distributor to sell Laco to the local market.
                Make no mistakes about Laco watches, they are reliable timepieces. But warranty cover is still important for every new watch for each customer.
                Thanks for clarification. I still maintain that your first post is unclear. I understand the relationship/difference between a distributior and dealers but in this case Timekeeper also sells direct to consumers (or at least used to) so it is to me not clear cut.

Comment

Pardon me but I am a little confused now. So all three entities - Monster, Gnomon & Timekeeper are all selling Laco watches? So which one to turn to for a better price?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Thanks for clarification. I still maintain that your first post is unclear. I understand the relationship/difference between a distributior and dealers but in this case Timekeeper also sells direct to consumers (or at least used to) so it is to me not clear cut.
                    No worries. In plain words, this is just the business model. FYI, in some business models, the AD can also open its own boutique and sell watches directly to customers, or refer business to its retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Pardon me but I am a little confused now. So all three entities - Monster, Gnomon & Timekeeper are all selling Laco watches? So which one to turn to for a better price?
                      Haha bro, you are definitely confused. For Price and information, its just clicks away, they are all on the internet. :-).
                      In Singapore, Timekeeper will refer you to buy from Monster Time or Gnomon. Both these shops are listed on Timekeeper Website for contact to buy Laco.

Comment

Ok tx
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ok, crystal clear now. Tks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile