Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP ROO Diver vs Rolex DSSD + LV

Hi all,

Poison is in the mind. I'm torn between ONE AP ROO Diver, Blancpain FF or TWO Rolexes (DSSD + LV).

Help!!!!!

If I were you I would buy one of the two Rolexes first and wear it for a while to see if I really like it. Sure, the DSSD and LV are not very similiar but certain brand has certain DNA and sometimes it is about whether you connect with the DNA. If you don't like it then it is easier to flip a Rolex.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I would prefer AP ROO Diver. It's a good build with the new 3126 movements.

Comment

I will opt for the two ROLEX watches you have indicated.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks to all, so far...

It's not to hard to say YES to 2 watches instead of 1 lol...

I'm not a trader so I will not be buying-and-selling my watches...that said, I love all of them. What got me unsettled are:

1. I love Rolex's mainstream brand image but the price is blown out of proportion imo.
          2. I love AP's premium, less mainstream image and the movement and quality 'seems' to justify its price tag.
          3. I love Blancpain FF because it's the 'least' common in SEA, relatively decent priced for it's movement and 120min power reserve.

Tearing my hair out now..

Comment

I know it's a cliche but think it applies: it's all personal taste.

I went Diver because of the look and sits very well on my wrist. Had Rolex before but keep leaving it in my winder coz prefer to wear my other watches rather than Rolex... Eventually sold Rolex, no regrets ;-) Still have Diver till today. One of my favourites.

Comment

even after having the TWO Rolexes (DSSD + LV), you will still continue to itch for the AP ROO Diver and the Blancpain FF. hahaha....

Originally posted by nehpyh View Post
              Hi all,

Poison is in the mind. I'm torn between ONE AP ROO Diver, Blancpain FF or TWO Rolexes (DSSD + LV).

Help!!!!!
              I don't need another watch.

Comment

You know what...all the pieces you brought up are excellent pieces. Pieces which I long for too.
                If I had to really really choose one...I probably would go for the AP Diver.
                Reason being, very comfortable to wear and design wise very classy and definitely from the AP DNA.

All the Best! Keep us posted as I am too looking for an AP.

Comment

AP without a doubt. Won't go wrong

Comment

good problem you have.

how about AP ROO Diver vs IWC Portuguese 7 Days?

Comment

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
                      good problem you have.

how about AP ROO Diver vs IWC Portuguese 7 Days?
                      Ap Roo diver is the one

Comment

Here's my "uneducated person's view". So take it with a pinch, no, a teaspoon of salt

Blancpain FF: Strong lineage and history in the service of French and US Navy combat teams, Jacques Cousteau, etc.
                        Rolex Sub/Sea-Dweller: The dive watch that actually gets used for diving. Strong history, great ideals, it's for the Man, period. Let's put it this way, if your life depends on it, this is the one you'll choose.
                        AP ROO: You have a nice fashion taste. Changi Airport uses it for their wall clocks, so must be good.

Originally posted by nehpyh View Post
                        Hi all,

Help!!!!!

Comment

If you have the dole, I would go for the new Carbon diver - I have heard that it will be discontinued after just 2 years in production. Good for future investment value.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X