Half the price of Submariner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half the price of Submariner

Looks like the Tudor Pelagos is going to be the killer of the Rolex Submariner.
    At half the price of the Submariner, what do you think?

http://www.tudorwatch.com/#/en/pelagos/

Originally posted by leonmike View Post

I like the watch, may even buy one..... but it's never going to be a SUB Killer..... never.

( Less known > Less status > lower grade ETA mvn't )

Good value = YES
    ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post

Gonna take more than this to kill off an icon, me thinks.

Comment

For those on a tight budget, this is a good alternative.
        Titanium case n bracelet, with the latest clasp design even Rolex does not have.
        Although it might might hv the Rolex movement but the ETA movement is proven.
        At half the price, what more can one expect.

Comment

it looks good
          but i'd still prefer a rolex

Comment

I actually like both the Pelagos and black ray and find them to be a refreshing range of options to add to ones collection of existing submariners.

Reddish bezel, domed sapphire crystal, snowflake hands on the black ray.

Titanium case, 42mm, snowflake hands, square markers on the Pelagos.

Based on looks alone, both are winners in their own rights even alongside the more illustrious submariners.

As for movements, I have no qualms with ETAs, they've been around forever and have proven to be capable workhorses.

To me watches aren't like cars where u experience the aural symphony of a v8 or the g-force thrust of a flat 6 turbo - where the engine matters in the overall driving experience.

So the "engine" in the watch don't really matter to me as long as they are proven to be capable with the ETA being the baseline.

But that's just me and my own personal opinion.

Now to go find 10 "big ones" and lay my hands on them if I can.....

Comment

Design looks nice, can consider for daily beater.
              Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
              Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
              / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

We have the lv to differentiate between the sub and this! Hehe..
                Beep Beep!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                  Nothing is a sub killer.

why?
                  becos people who take a glance at the Tudor will likely ask, "öh is that a rolex submariner?" "it isnt? well it sure looks like one"

Then you'll spend the next 15 mins trying to explain that it is the sister company and that the watches are also very good but with ETA movt etc etc...

In the end, you will realise that nothing kills the Submariner.
                  Nothing. Not even any one of the Trinity nor all three of them

A Submariner will remain the quintessential men's sports watch
                  yup - enough said.... close thread
                  ROLEX.

Comment

Wah. Why so serious until need to close thread? Lol

Anyway yeah, the black ray / Pelagos or other watches for the matter may not replace the sub as the de-facto sports watch. But they are nonetheless nice additions to any collection definitely.

Comment

From the looks of it, looks like the Black Ray n Pelagos is going to be hot sellers. Hv to rush down n get it.
                      Tudor might not be as well known a brand like Rolex, but it's still a sister company of Rolex. And it cant be as bad if it is part of Rolex. Definitely it's prices are better than Omega. I would call it value for money for those wanting to own a Submariner but on a tight budget.

Anybody here knows the type of discount factor for Tudor?

Comment

My philosophy in buying anything:

"BUY WITHIN YOUR MEANS"

Comment

i still like my sub. but will def consider the black bay.

Comment

Went down to ADs to view both the BB n Pelagos. Pelagos stock not in yet n BB stock sold out. Next shipment in soon. Learn from AD that these two models has stirred up an interest with watch enthusiasts here.

Comment

Care to share the prices? Was a cortina last week, AD was saying the Pelagos is abt 5 to 6K.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X