[10-11-12 New Addn.]-[Steinhart]- speedy GRAN PRIX Chrono S.E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [10-11-12 New Addn.]-[Steinhart]- speedy GRAN PRIX Chrono S.E

Speedy arrival of #122, a birthday gift that came just too fast... as fast as the speedy cars

I couldn't remember how long ago when the GRAN PRIX project was announced. But i could remember lots of STEINHART followers were sadden that this special edition was and is opened only to folks who're involved with the GRAN PRIX events only.This is not a easy model to get, hence when i contacted the project coordinator about several months later after the initial launch, i had made preparation in mind that i might be unsuccessful with that attempt asking to put me in the waiting list should someone else had given up in the waiting queue.
    November arrives, STEINHART made an announcement on the release of the 99pc limited release of Nav.B2 LGE Chrono, so as the reply from the person in-charge of this project that 1 person in the queue had given up on his wait... juggling on the decision to be made between the 2 limited editions, due to over spending on watches this year... I took my pick! The speedy PANDA from the WEST.

Just received this charming piece from the FedEX delivery guy couple of hours ago, shipped from Germany after more than 5 months of waiting. Testing of the chrono movement went immediately into the process, to test on the workability of the movement as usual on what i do with other mechanical Chronos. Steinhart's team really had a little hiccup this time. Which i didn't expect a pre-mature shipping (my birthday falls on December 2, #122 is just nice to link with that... ), even though i had clearly made a note during the ordering process, stated to dispatch this package at the end of November, such that it arrives in early december, which due to my absence in the country because of overseas posting... Duh...

Unwrapped the box, my heart beat increases when i saw the glossy black box. I'm just too anxious, worrying that STEINHART's dispatch team might have packed the wrong item as the GRAN PRIX and the Nav.B2 Chrono LGE is going through dispatch processing at the same time, using the same glossy dark brown wooden box as well...

Slowly opening the box, once #122 /150 is exposed, "yeah yeah..." my heart yells.

Oooh... yeah... The SPEEDY PANDA! Along with other standard issued extras, a back case that's used to conceal the movement, a black perforated leather strap with orange stitch, a white leather strap with orange strap, a watch strap changing tool. And... to my surprise, an extra Black NATO strap with orange and grey linings!

Onto the watch.

The creamy white dial seems to be glossy, the subdials are slightly etched in, non textured though. And depending on lighting condition, may seems to be metallic dark chocolate in color!
    Though not a sandwich dial, the details are something that is not commonly found with watches in such a price range! Ooooh... I guess TAG fans will be easily agitated by such details on the dial, which they might be angry over their previous high price spending on the racing themed watches.

The hands on the subdials @ 12 and 6 are Orange'd in color, so as the Chrono hand. However, with some Orange markers on the hour indices, the dial will not be too dull if only Orange hands is present. The hour markers are raised, with silver frames, not too big and not too small... well sized, and fills the dial space well. Anymore additional markings, the dial will be too crowded. This is one of the most beautiful and charming dial i have in my collection!

The size is big but not so high... @ 44mm, Fits quite well to my wrist, even though i'm kind of chubby on that part.

Movement wise, yeah yeah yeah!!!... The rotor itself is a special one i have seen, backed with the nicely "milled" movement, as well as the decoration of blue screws. A beauty made of nice concoction!

Part Deux- additional pics

So... without further ado... more pictures and comparisons

The Birth Cert.

Signed Clasp

Solid and conservative bracelet!

Pairing with a non-Steinhart Original issued CARBON patterned strap with Orange stitch

Time to hit the track

Move to position

Ready, Get Set...

GO!...

Beware Ahead!

Have to stop here... Hmm... ... ...turn left or right???

Comment

Indeed a very good looking piece.. congrats.

Comment

Good looking watch. I am still searching for the Black Sea

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X